It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #1
(female)

loridestiny1980 HB User
Unhappy Migraines/Aneurysm

Forgive me in advance for my poor spelling with some of these medical things. 5 weeks ago i went to the ER (as told by my neurolagist) and they did a cat scan and then i was being care flighted to another hospital within 20 minutes and spent a week in ICU. I have an opthalamic cerebelum (sp??) aneurysm. It is only 2 mm by 1.8 mm and if they try and coil or remove it now i will lost all vision in my left eye becaue of where it is located. I also have a brain disorder that is rare called idiopathic hypersomnia. Its a pretty crazy disorder and i hate every episode because i will apear awake alert and into the conversation or whatever i am doing but in actuality the left side of my brain is asleep. when the episode ends i have no memory recolection of what just happened. I can drive and function just fine, its the lack of memory that drives me crazy. Try leaving work going to the store getting groceries going home and putting them away and then standing there wondering, when the heck did i leave work? anywho.. after the week in ICU i requested to go home, (im a mom and i hadnt seen my kids in a week and i know i should of stayed but i felt much better) Once all those IV meds wore off OMG i have had the worst migraine since then. 5 weeks of one migraine after another, they diagnosed it as a rare form of cluster migranes. NOTHING helps except the high dose IV pain meds they give at the hospital,(but you cant function on those so thats not on option, LOL) I have tried so many diferant meds and done the 2 hour at a time IV infusion migraine therapy and that doesnt help. THe pain is now making my neck very week and i am getting massive upper back pain only on the left side. If you need more info please let me know. I am at witts end, i havent hardly slept at all since this cluster migraine set literally never goes away! Any help would be so much apreciated and a god send.

The following user gives a hug of support to loridestiny1980:
tingles (07-19-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

tingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB User
Re: Migraines/Aneurysm

Gosh, I do not know where to begin. I did not understand the part about the aneurysm, can they fix this or not? I suffer memory loss and cluster headaches but no where near as bad as you are having. My memory loss is most likely due to medications, or when I go into an autonomic state. My only help would be to put you in my prayers.

Closed Thread