It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2012, 12:22 PM   #1
(female)

Touyadono HB User
Migraines and ringing in the ear Topiramate

I take topiramate 100mg once a day. I sometimes forget to take it, but since I have been taking it lately I've been experiencing these symptoms.

. My stomach hurts all of the time, I'm so tired and irritable I even have memory issues.

I was just approved for botox by my neurologist but it's about two weeks away for treatment and the ringing in my ear has not improved. It's actually starting to mess with my sleep. It's not chronic. I can stand up, sometimes tilt my head certain ways and it goes away, or go to sleep and it goes away. Sometimes when I walk around it goes away too. It's just starting to get really annoying. I don't know if there are treatments out there. A walgreens pharmacy person recommended lipoflavanoid to me, however, she also denied that topiramate caused ringing in the ears at all. I'm just not sure what to do at this point. I'm really at the end of my rope with my migraines. For a while I was alright, they went away, my life was managable, I was even off my pills, and then slowly they crept back and there I was again back on those pills and then the ringing in my ears started slow and steady when I tilted my head certain ways here and there. I'd catch myself and turn my head other ways and go about my business. Now it's just annoying and goes on for hours and hours. Does anyone have any treatments for ringing in the ear that may work?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
(female)

msnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB User
Re: Migraines and ringing in the ear Topiramate

topomax can cause ringing in the ear, paresthias, and kidney stones, However it works very well for migraines.

T

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2012, 08:03 PM   #3
(female)

Touyadono HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnova74 View Post
topomax can cause ringing in the ear, paresthias, and kidney stones, However it works very well for migraines.
That's terrible!! I talked to my naturepath today. She checked my symptoms and she told me that ear ringing that is not chronic usually means a toxic reaction in the body. It works very well for my migraines, but it's causing all of these other problems. I'm just not sure what I can do. And this ear ringing is so annoying. I don't want to have to live with it forever.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:18 PM   #4
(female)

Touyadono HB User

Someone give me some good news. Does it stop? Does the ringing in my ears go away? It's driving me insane.

Closed Thread