It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2012, 07:24 AM   #1
(male)

Moose2 HB User
Arrow New headaches

Last few days I have been getting short but frequent headaches. They occur at the top of my head and can last a few seconds to a few minutes.

They feel quite sharp and at times make me whince with pain. I thought it may be down to looking at monitors/tvs for long or having too much sugar. But I have reduced my intake of both and still I get these headaches.

I am going through a stressful time at the moment, my girlfriend dumped me after 3 years of going out and I'm having a tough time dealing with it. Is it possible these headahces could be caused by stress?

Thanks for any input.

Old 08-04-2012, 01:49 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

tingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB User
Re: New headaches

It is entirely possible your headaches could be caused by stress. Typical migraines last much longer than a couple minutes, they can go on for hours. That is why people use medications that can cause many side effects, to lessen the extent of hours long headaches. I do not mean to lessen the intensity of your headaches but if they only last a few minutes the side effects of migraine medication could be worse than the headaches.

If the headaches continue there is nothing wrong with asking your doctor about them, they can check and ensure there is no physical problem causing your headaches.

Try exercise and reducing your stress and see if your headaches do not lessen.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
headaches, pain, sharp, stress