It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
(female)

wonton67 HB User
HELP PLEASE, I'm really concerned.

First off id like to say. I need my gallbladder removed I posted about it on here before. Also I have no transportation so I have no idea how I would get to the hostpital/doctors.

I hit my head yesterday really hard on the wall by accient I went to flip my hair and I forgot there was a wall there.

All day I have had A LOT of pain in the back of my head, also nausea but that is probably from my gallbladder. I also can stand up or else I get EXTREAMLY dizzy, I feel liek I am going to fall. And even if I am walking around I feel like I'm not there, because I'm s dizzy. The back of my head is a little swollen. Should I be concerned?

My whole family is away and I am home a lone I'm 18, but can't drive yet. So what should I do? I also can't take pain pills because my surgery is soon and t5hey said so.

I feel less dizzy if I lay down, I also have a fever of 100. I'm scared, this year hasent been good at all. D:

Old 08-04-2012, 08:32 PM   #2
(female)

boobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB User
Re: HELP PLEASE, Im really concerned.

here are symptoms you should be concerned about and if you have some or all of these you should call a relative or a friend to take you to a doctor.

The majority of concussions repair on their own, but some blows to the head can cause more serious injuries. Per Mayo Clinic, it is important to seek medical advice if you have the following symptoms:

Prolonged headache or dizziness
Vision or eye disturbances, including pupils that are bigger than normal (dilated pupils) or pupils of unequal sizes
Nausea or vomiting
Impaired balance
Prolonged memory loss
Ringing in the ears
Loss of smell or taste

hope this helps you make a decision. let me know if you're okay.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2012, 08:49 AM   #3
(female)

AuntNanc HB UserAuntNanc HB UserAuntNanc HB UserAuntNanc HB User
Re: HELP PLEASE, Im really concerned.

Don't you hate when they throw up those walls without telling you?? ;-) Seriously, I know from my own experience that your symptoms can indicate a concussion. And, while most resolve in time on their own, some do not, depending on where and how hard you hit your head. Don't panic. I'm not sure about the temp. Maybe that's your gallbladder speaking, or maybe not. But your other symptoms are normal for even a mild concussion. It's been two days now. If you're still experiencing the same level of pain, dizziness, nausea, etc., you NEED to consider going to the ER. You can always let them know about your upcoming surgery if there are meds you can't take. And your surgeon should be told about your head injury before your surgery, by the way. Do you have cabs where you live? Can you call a friend, relative or neighbor to give you a ride? I know it's hard to ask. But most people won't mind helping you out. Let us know how you're doing.

Closed Thread