It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2012, 12:21 PM   #1
(female)

Chrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB User
Hit my head and now...

So about 3 weeks ago I was putting some sheets away in my ottoman and when I went to stand straight up, I hit my head under the shelf on my living room wall. This shelf is very big and very sharp on the corners. So I hit the right side of the top to the back of my head. I literally had to drop everything in my hand and just sit down on the couch for a while. I had so much pressure in my head and in the back of my eyes.

That was 3 weeks ago and I noticed about a week or so ago my right eye twitches randomly. Not only does my right eye twitch but I've been getting severe pains and random headaches. The pains are on my right side and they are usually accompanied with the eye twitches. I also feel very nauseous and I lose my balance quite easily. I don't know if this has anything to do with me hitting my head but it's definitely something new for me. I'm very forgetful. People say things to me and I end up repeating them because I didn't hear them the first time. No, it's not my hearing. It's me not remembering anything people say. I do things and I honestly have no recollection of doing them. People have to tell me that I did it. I get migraines but I've had them since I was 12. They seem to be reoccurring a lot lately and sometimes they aren't full-blown migraines. Sometimes it's just my vision going off like I'll see bright flashing lights or black shadows and then my head will kill me. Nothing I take makes it better. Now I wake up with headaches. If I lay on my stomach my head feels like it's pulsating and my eyes feel weird.

I guess my question is, should I be worried? I mean, this may be a no-brainer question and some may be like "seriously? I think you should get checked", but I'm not one to run to the ER or the doctors over every little thing. I figured I'd come by here and see if anyone has any experience with this. I mean, I hit my head pretty hard but I wasn't knocked out. My Grand dad died from brain cancer so I guess I worry about that. What do you guys think I should do? Or is it normal to have this happen after hitting your head?

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by Chrissy26; 08-07-2012 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Left out some info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Hit my head and now...

Greetings Chrissy26! This is not any little thing in my opinion there may have been a very real concussion with a bleed. If there is still a large clot perhaps it can be removed and a neurologist consulted to be sure. A Magnetic Resonance Imaging test could be done. Sometimes pressure needs relieving and in the old days many years ago they cut a hole in the bone to relieve this pressure. Of course everyone is in charge of their own health care decisions and surgery also has its risks. Peace, sjb

The Following User Says Thank You to sjb For This Useful Post:
Chrissy26 (08-07-2012)
Old 08-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #3
(female)

Chrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB User

Thank you SO much for your response. I would really hope that's not the case but I won't know until I get checked. I think I'll go this weekend. You wonder why I would wait so long but I have 4 small children and my hubby works long hours on the weekdays and unfortunately I won't get behind the wheel of a car. I would wait until the weekend where my hubby can take me and my brother can watch his nieces and nephews. I will update when I can and I'm interested in other people's opinions about this. Thanks again!

Old 08-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Greetings Chrissy29! You are very welcome. I would not wait, if there is a slow bleed it might still be slowly bleeding and doing more. I might try to get the brother or a very trusted friend or nice neighbor with other children who can be trusted to do baby sitting. There are also sometimes people who are certified or even licensed to do the job. A nursing license of a nearby nurse is sufficient to trust kids usually with them because they wish to protect their license. Of course everyone makes their own decisions in life and there are things that do happen whether we like them or not as most people know. Maybe public transportation can bring the brother if that is a difficulty. Peace, sjb

Last edited by sjb; 08-07-2012 at 05:52 PM. Reason: addition

Closed Thread