It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2012, 02:28 PM   #1
(female)

ss2gpr1 HB User
Stabbing pain top of head

Hello,

Just recently (about 2 days ago), I started experiencing strange stabbing pains in one area of my head. The pain seems to happen at almost the very top of my head, a little to the left, but more towards the front of my head. The pain lasts about 3-5 seconds, but sometimes will recur within a 5 minute period of time, with short bursts happening throughout. It seems to be localized to that top-left frontal area, but also seems to protrude towards my forehead and **** out into my left eye. It comes out of nowhere, and hurts enough to make me stop what I'm doing. I have heard of ice pick headaches and wonder if this is what I'm experiencing? Although I have never had an issue with migraines my entire life (bad headaches here and there, though). Also, from what I read, ice pick headaches seem to not occur at the top/front area of the head, which is where my pain is. So I'm not too sure what's going on. I'm an otherwise healthy 24 year old female. No family history of migraines. Just wondering if this is something I should be worried about, or if I should see my doctor about it.

Thanks!

Old 08-13-2012, 10:11 AM   #2
(female)

Chrystal72 HB User
Re: Stabbing pain top of head

I wonder if it is muscle related? I have had bad pains in my head in the past that would come and go for weeks at a time and i have TMJ(if you do not know, is muscle issues in the jaw.) For the past week now I keep having headaches off and on and I am relating it to muscle tension. Any muscles in a knot somewhere from the neck up could cause headaches and such. Hope you are feeling better. Let me know!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread