It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
(female)

horse2 HB User
Zonisamide to prevent migraines

Anyone try Zonisamide to prevent Migraines? The neurologist just precribed this for me and the side effects look a little scary.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #2
(female)

red65 HB User
Re: Zonisamide to prevent migraines

I took Zonegran (brand name of zonisamide) as one of SEVERAL migraine preventative meds that I take. My neuro started me out on Topamax but I ended up building up a tolerance. Being one who suffers frequent migraines I have made it a point to familiarize myself on different options. When I saw Topamax wasn't doing much for me I asked my neuro to allow me to try Zonegran.

While I didn't see a day vs night difference between both meds it seemed like for a while things were a bit better. I ended up being dx with Intracranial Hypertension on top of the migraines. I was prescribed Diamox which helped they IIH headaches. I did do some research of Diamox to see if there were any known adverse reactions and sure enough, Zonegran and Diamox should not be taken together so I came off the Zonegran.

I would suggest that you check for any potential reactions between Zonegran and any other meds.

I hope this helps somewhat and I wish you the best in finding something to help prevent migraines.

Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply