It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
(male)

eli105 HB User
24/7 headache and I'm only aged 14...iv had it for 11 years... Help

Hello there.. Im 14. Iv had 24/7 headaches for 11 years since I was three. Iv had many doctors visits and finally they sent me up to Wellington (in new zealand) to see a specilist. I have chronic daily headache but iv know that for a long time. He said I should get a MRI and a ct scan done on my neck. So I had them done (thank goodness we have a good government) and they said there's nothing wrong with it but then after a few days they rang back and said that my c1 joint is slightly subluxed and twisted..iv had osteo treatment for countless years and not much improvement there. As with my age I cant take most medication. Osteopath have sudjested amotriptolem ( if that's how you spell it) but I haven't been very keen on it cause it is a anti depressant.. Iv been on magnesium high does for so long and that did nothing. Iv never been down the drug side of things cause doctors have never sudjested any drug to me. I have to take usually 2 ibuprofen a day.. I find that coffee or something with caffiene in it helps heaps...I'm not allergic to anything... I haven't had a blood test surprising I would of thought by now that I would of had one done but I haven't luckily plus I hate needles. Can anyone tell me anything or something that I can do to help or some drug . Thank you. I'm actual quite sad at tho moment cause there's just no hope

Old 09-07-2012, 11:01 AM   #2
(female)

suseh HB User
Re: 24/7 headache and I'm only aged 14...iv had it for 11 years... Help

Im So Sorry to hear your feeling bad. My daugher started getting chronic migraines when she was 14 years which lasted between 54 and 72 hours each week. She had been getting migraines before but not on this scale. I have to be honest she had a really bad year, tried numerous medications (your allowed to in scotland) but none really worked. It took us a year to get them under control. She was going through puberty which had made her migraines situation a lot worse. I wonder if that is part of your problem? Another thing that seemed to be triggering her migraines were all the stereotypical things teenagers like to do, staying up late playing on the net, missing school lunches instead going with her friends to the shops and buying rubish to eat etc. Once she got a handle on what could trigger her migraines, getting put on the pill to balance her hormones etc she improved dramatically. it was also really important she drank and ate roughly every three hours even if it is just a snack. you might know all this but worth mentioning just in case. Hope you feel better x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #3
(male)

eli105 HB User
Re: 24/7 headache and I'm only aged 14...iv had it for 11 years... Help

Hi there thanks fo your reply.. It's not puberty since I have had it since I was three years old and now I'm 14.. I have a headache 24/7 none stop. Sleep does nothing to help. coffee or anything with caffiene in it helps heaps. I want to go on drugs but no doctor has sudjested it to me :/. I have a subluxed c1 joint in my neck. Very slightly . Not sure what to do.

Reply Reply