It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
(female)

maisie jane HB User
worried

I have suffered from migraines for many years which have improved as I have got older, infact when i began the menapause they seemed to dissapear. I am now on HRT and have them again occasionally which makes me think that they are hormone related. 1 week ago I woke with a bad headache and during the day I had 3 seperate aura's which left me feeling sore and a little sick, I haven't had any further aura's but I am left with discomfort at the base of my skull, occasional feelings of "not being here" and a general feeling of being unwell, I also have a leaky valve so dont know if this is related, has any one else experienced this or could it be a virus? xxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

tingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB User
Re: worried

Hello,

I experienced something similar. I was free of my serious migraines for ten years and then one morning I went blind. I received a diagnosis as a migraine aura. My migraines came back with a vengeance.

I talked to my neurologist about this and he said that migraines can go dormant for years and then come back less severe or more severe. The point is that they can come back.

I wish you luck in finding the diagnosis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #3
(female)

maisie jane HB User
Re: worried

Hi Tingles,
Thank you for your reply, that's the good thing about this forum,it feels good to know others are out there who understand

Reply Reply