It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2012, 06:30 AM   #1
(female)

Lollipop24 HB User
Is it normal to all of a sudden have a visual aura before a migraine...

When you never experienced one before? Yesterday I got colorful zig zags in my vision it lasted a few minutes and it scare me because it warped my vision. When I closed my eyes I could see it more and it was colorful and then after it was gone I had a small headache.

The thing is a week before my dog hit my jaw while playing and I felt pain in my head and neck. And i even had small headaches for a day or two after that could this be related to that? Or its just new symptoms for the migraines I been getting? Because i only usually just get tongue tied before a migraine hits where I stutter no visual changes like this...

Old 10-02-2012, 09:30 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

tingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB User
Re: Is it normal to all of a sudden have a visual aura before a migraine...

It sounds like a new presentation of your migraine. Mine can make me blind, I also have auras sometimes. I also identify with the stuttering. I would discuss this with your doctor but I would not be too worried. Hang in there and let us know what comes of this. Your story can help others suffering the same types of symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #3
(female)

New Momma HB User
Re: Is it normal to all of a sudden have a visual aura before a migraine...

I get these as well. I lose vision in my right eye and have a left sided migraine. When it first happened I thought I was having a stroke. The doctor confirmed it was a migraine. My trigger seems to be any processed meats - not sure if its the nitrates in them or what. But since I've been watching that I get these alot less.

Reply Reply