It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2012, 09:13 AM   #1
(female)

Bbrownews HB User
Daily headache behind eyes and over eyes- please help!

I am a 27-year-old female who has daily headaches behind my eyes and above my eyes near my sinuses. I also have occassional migraines that I treat with relpax. I am on BP medicine and take allergy shots for chronic alergies. These headaches started about three weeks ago and do not respibd to OTC meds. I saw my family dr who gave me an antibiotic for sinus pressure and it did not help. I am in pain all day. It is there when I wake up. I have tried esgic, decongestants, etc. I do wear prescrption glasses and wonder if maybe I should have my eyes examined. My last eye exam was a year ago. A recent CT scan was clear. Any suggestions???

The following user gives a hug of support to Bbrownews:
xSky (10-24-2012)
Old 10-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #2
(female)

xSky HB UserxSky HB User
Re: Daily headache behind eyes and over eyes- please help!

Have you tried seeing a doctor that specializes in headaches?
And yeah, that would be a good idea for you to have your eyes checked too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2012, 08:49 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

tingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB User

This might sound counter intuitive but OTC medications can actually make your headache worse and more frequent. They are called rebound headaches. I would also suggest getting a migraine diary off of the internet and see if you can identify some of your triggers. Even though the headaches are not true migraines that you would use relpax for they might be triggered by some foods like migraines.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:23 PM   #4
(female)

ddunn04 HB User
Lightbulb Re: Daily headache behind eyes and over eyes- please help!

Hi there, my name is Dawn and I know EXACTLY how you feel! I am 29 and deal with the same issue as you. For the most part, I have just been taking meds to help stop the pain and to keep the headaches from coming back.

I take:
propranolol 20 mg once daily - blood pressure med
tramadol HCL 50 mg 3 times daily - for every day aches and pain
tizandine HCL 4 mg once daily - for muscle spasms and headaches
sertraline HCL 50 mg once daily - for depression and stress
Maxalt 10 mg when needed - specially for migraines
meloxicam 15 mg when needed - for arthritis

The propranolol and maxalt were specially given to me for migraines. The propranolol is just to try and prevent them from coming back.

Tizanidine is supposedly good for migraines - its just not offically classified as migraine medicine. But, good news is, it really seems to help mine! =)

I hope this helps you! Lets hope we can figure out what these darned headaches and from...and whats causing them!!! =)

Old 12-05-2012, 03:17 AM   #5
(female)

migrainelady HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbrownews View Post
I am a 27-year-old female who has daily headaches behind my eyes and above my eyes near my sinuses. I also have occassional migraines that I treat with relpax. I am on BP medicine and take allergy shots for chronic alergies. These headaches started about three weeks ago and do not respibd to OTC meds. I saw my family dr who gave me an antibiotic for sinus pressure and it did not help. I am in pain all day. It is there when I wake up. I have tried esgic, decongestants, etc. I do wear prescrption glasses and wonder if maybe I should have my eyes examined. My last eye exam was a year ago. A recent CT scan was clear. Any suggestions???
Your ethmoid sinuses are behind the bridge of your nose and your frontal sinuses are above them. If you have had sinus and allergies issues, it would make sense that you may have mucosal overgrowth due to the sinus problems (usually that is more prevalent in the maxillary sinuses located on both sides of your nose in the cheek areas, at least it was for me). I really hate chronic antibiotics as they mess up your GI (digestive) tract and you can develop candida problems (yeast) which is really hard to correct. Candida is a fungus that thrives on sugar and normally exists in a pH balance in that area, but antibiotics messes up that balance and the candida overgrows - not just vaginal yeast infections, but can cause belly bloat and even skin rashes or worse if it's bad enough. There are so many kinds of migraines, and sinus problems, clenching or grinding your teeth while sleeping or chronic neck tension can trigger them and also make them worse. I have a neti pot I use when I have a maxillary sinus infection to flush out those sinuses without antibiotics. Worth a shot!

Last edited by migrainelady; 12-05-2012 at 03:20 AM.

Old 12-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #6
(female)

NFCNorthGirl HB User

Pain around your eyes only is usually not a migraine related issue. I have dealt with that in the past and now. The first issue I had was my wisdom teeth. Then I found out I grinded my teeth a lot and clenched my jaw. On top of that I needed contacts because I was straining my eyes at work on the computer all day. And then I had severe allergies. I got my wisdom teeth removed, wear this gel retainer thing at night so I don't grind, and make an effort not to grind my teeth. I know my migraine triggers so I only take meds when needed, but I do take daily allergy meds but supplement with the Netti-pot twice a day. When the pressure is really bad and I can't even put in my contacts then I double up on allergy meds and take Excedrin sinus stuff. It works but it makes me loopy.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #7
(male)

nonnac HB User

I very seldom had headaches until I changed my BP medicine. Now, I have a terrible unbearable headache(like a migraine) at approximately the same time each day. If I do not take the BP medicine, I do not have the headache. I have tried about six different medicines with the same result. A couple I took for about a month before I started having the headaches. Anyway, your headaches may be caused by your medicine. Just a suggestion.

Last edited by nonnac; 12-29-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Reply Reply