It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #1
(female)

xSky HB UserxSky HB User
Headaches accompanied with nausea?

I think it's an abdominal migraine. I've been feeling nauseous since like a month ago. Now I'm starting to have headaches that won't go away. My stomach + body feels tired. I feel like the headaches are making me feel even more nauseous. I hardly have much of an appetite now. I can't eat much of a meal because I'm afraid something might happen. I would really like to vomit, but can't. I'm only 16 and weigh 99 1/2 pounds since I've last went to the doctor which was a month ago. Because of the nausea which happened about last month, it caused me to eat very little which made me gain the extra pounds.
I had weighed 96 the week before I went back to my doctor for my chest pain that didn't get any better with medication. So, I've gained 3 1/2 pounds in a week..but I had shoes on so it's still a couple of pounds.

Any advice would help. I couldn't go to my doctor today. Maybe tomorrow but that would mean missing school. I've missed school for a while on & off. I having a feeling that I might get kicked out. :/

Last edited by xSky; 10-24-2012 at 03:11 PM.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:27 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

tingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB User
Re: Headaches accompanied with nausea?

I would suggest you ******** a headache diary from the internet and keep track of your headaches, you may be able to identify a few triggers. It will also help the doctor in knowing what headaches you have instead of trying to explain the past months headaches from memory. Nausea and headaches might be a migraine.

You also say you have chest pain. Do you suffer from anxiety? I have an anxiety condition that caused chest pains for several months before I went to see a psychiatrist for treatment and medication.

Good luck and keep us posted.

The Following User Says Thank You to tingles For This Useful Post:
xSky (10-30-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #3
(female)

EliHand HB User

I had severe occipital migraines 4 times or more a week when I was your age. At first just bad headaches, then added Nausea and dry heaving, then, dizziness and passing out.
My weight has not changed since then. I am genetically slender at 103lbs and I am 20 now. I tried all the medications and some would work for a short time. I kept a food, exercise, sleep, and stress journal.
I ended up getting cortisone shots in my neck and face then having multiple radio frequency ablation (burning the nerves) surgeries. I now have less migraines and have fewer symptoms.
I hope this helps you. Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to EliHand For This Useful Post:
xSky (10-30-2012)
Old 10-30-2012, 03:12 AM   #4
(female)

xSky HB UserxSky HB User

@ tingles ;

I guess the chest pains might have been just from anxiety. my doctor couldn't really find a reason for that. I went to the hospital last thurs. , told them my symptoms, answered their questions, talked to the social worker who worked there, & then talked to the psychiatrists who came from a different city. I was stuck in the hospital for 13 hours before being transferred to a mental hospital in a different city. The therapy was good. I feel like I need more help, but I got discharged today. Didn't really say much about my feelings.
I was diagnosed with major depression. -3-
And also thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to remember!

@ EliHand ;

Haha thanks for your advice! I found out what's wrong now . Never knew depression can do that. I'll be sure to keep your idea in mind! I've read about migraines. I'm somewhat glad that I haven't had any yet. Never knew there was so many types & so many different symptoms. They seem like a pain. It's good you're not having them as much~

Thank you both for your kindness & support! ^_^

Last edited by xSky; 10-30-2012 at 03:14 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to xSky For This Useful Post:
tingles (10-30-2012)
Old 10-30-2012, 08:26 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

tingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB User

I hope that you will follow up and get some help. Depression can be a terrible disease. Anxiety just makes it worse. Good luck finding a doctor or counselor that can help.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:41 AM   #6
(male)

obsvproof HB User

xsky: Good to hear that you found the cause; many symptoms are psychosomatic (basically caused by your negative environment). Try to continue with therapy. even if it is a clinic where you might be able to find a good intern you feel connected with.

You stated you felt like throwing up at times--since you are not bulimic, gag yourself and vomit when you are nauseous and this will help alleviate that sensation (and allows you to feel better again). But in my opinion, you also should get to the root of why you are having these feelings in therapy.

Last edited by obsvproof; 10-30-2012 at 08:42 AM.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #7
(female)

EliHand HB User

xSky
I'm glad you have found the source. Please treat the source and not just the symptoms. Depression can be funny. I still talk to my therapist from high school as a counselor because he is the only one I feel comfortable with. Make sure whoever you have by your side is someone you can trust and isn't just a pill pusher. It can be hard but at least you are open and that is the first step! Stay strong and be happy (you won't be all the time but that isn't a setback).

One more suggestion, I have a ring from when I was first diagnosed with PTSD and depression, it says Be happy Be healthy. Any way, It brings a sense of comfort when ever I wear it.

Last edited by EliHand; 01-08-2013 at 09:08 PM.

Reply Reply