It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2012, 09:20 AM   #1
(male)

jauyuen HB User
eye pressure and nausea every morning at 3am

I've migraine for a long time but thought it's something else. Maybe somebody out there can help me figure out what might be the problem.

My symptoms:
I usually seven or eight hours a night. I feel great before sleep, but after three to four hours, I start feeling pressure behind my right eye up to upper temple and also feeling nausea. Sometimes it's ok when I wake up but most frequently it gets worse and continue to develop into the day and I have to skip lunch and leave office early.

The problem became more frequently or even daily in the past two weeks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2012, 08:43 PM   #2
(female)

Lollypat HB User
Re: eye pressure and nausea every morning at 3am

So, to clarify, you sleep 7-8 hours a night, but you wake up in the middle with these symptoms? Are you able to go back to sleep, ever?

The pressure behind your right eye reminds me of an issue I have that developed over a matter of a few years. Sometimes I would awaken suddenly with my right eye feeling hot and swollen, and the hollow where the lid is when shut would be filled with tears.

Later, it began to flash a moderate pain in my eye. It was enough to wake me up but didn't last too long. Later, it began to happen in sunlight or a heavy breeze. The pain got worse and lasted longer.

No one could figure it out but I believe it to be trigeminal neuralgia that goes off in my eye. It can "go off" just about anywhere your own trigeminal nerve roots happen to be located.

Anyway, your issues sound just a little like mine did at first, so I thought I would mention it.

Go to the doctor, at any rate.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #3
(male)

jauyuen HB User

Lollypat,

Thank you for the info.

I do wake up in the middle of sleep with these symptom and usually is able to get back to sleep. The problem is that the symptom get worse when I get up in the morning.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #4
(female)

Puppylove86 HB User

I'm not a doctor, but I wonder if you could have high blood pressure that gets higher when you get up?

You should see a doctor as soon as you can. Doesn't sound right to me!

Old 11-24-2012, 12:22 AM   #5
(male)

jauyuen HB User

Puppylove86,

Thank you.
I know it's not high blood pressure but I'll keep track.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:26 AM   #6
(female)

Dancer99 HB User
Lightbulb Re: eye pressure and nausea every morning at 3am

I know how you feel. I had migraines for 18 years. They mostly started in the middle of the night or in the morning. I also often had a sore jaw in the morning. A few months ago my PCP said she was going to borrow a biofeedback headband for me to try wearing in my sleep to see if I could train myself out of my nighttime teeth clenching and see if that would reduce my migraines. She borrowed it from someone, and I borrowed it from her. The first night I wore it, it counted over 70 times I clenched my teeth, and over 200 seconds of clenching. Within three days of using the biofeedback I was down to 20 clenches and about 40 seconds of clenching, and I started to have migraine-free days. The second week I had only three migraines, and the third week I had only two. Now I havenít had a migraine in over two months. After a couple of weeks, I bought a biofeedback headband myself and returned the borrowed unit to her. I am very grateful for the little electronic miracle. I would much rather train myself out of a habit than take drugs! When I bought my unit I learned that you can actually order one and try it free on-line. I hope you try it and see if it works for you.

Reply Reply

Tags
eye, headache, migraine, nausea