It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 03:39 AM   #1
(male)

boic HB Userboic HB User
Get Lighheaded and have migraine after eating food

Hi Guys

I constantly have migraines, and with it comes visual disturbances (aura) which come in the form of flashes of light and also when I'd call an afterimage type thing, but a bit more worrying than that.

I have a GP's appointment tomorrow, but I just wondered if anyone could help with an answer/possibility of what I may be experiencing?

I seem to get lightheaded after I eat hot foods. Not spicy foods.. but things which are warm/hot. The veins in my forehead stick out, and I feel like I have a pressure inside of it around 15 minutes after eating any hot food. I have an eating disorder (reason Im seeing my GP for help) and Im not sure if its connected to that or whatnot. I just seem to get lightheaded and get these migraines after eating.. really freaks me out a lot when they happen.

I have checked my blood glucose, and it's normal 5mmol (UK measurement) and also my blood pressure seems fine too (120/81).

My father tells me he had migraines at my age too, and also after that. But he never suffered an eating disorder. Both him and I have autism. Im really confused and scared about the sensations I get after I eat anything.. fearing I will have another attack where I nearly black out like I did just last week. Ive seen a nurse so far, and she told me I sound anemic and also that I've had an inner ear infection too.

Not sure why this keeps happening to me. If I eat something cold, it doesnt seem to happen as much. The veins on my forehead dont pop out, and I dont tend to panic.

Chris

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply