It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
(female)

NFCNorthGirl HB User
Night vision issues similiar to migraine symptoms

I have had migraines since I was 11. I started getting auras when I was 16. When I was 22 I finally realized that these auras gave me a half hour to down meds and avoid the brunt of my migraine (unless it happens when I'm sleeping). For the last few months every time I drive at night (and I live in Minneapolis) all the lights turn into an aural display like I'm about to have a migraine but I don't get the headache. It's pretty but it's distracting and I'm afraid I might hit something/someone. Sometimes the white zig zags just block out my vision. It only happens in the dark when there are multiple light sources. If I drive down a dark deserted road I can see just fine. Any ideas? No changes in meds or lifestyle in the last few years.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:24 PM   #2
(female)

WhatWasIThinkin HB User
Re: Night vision issues similiar to migraine symptoms

My guess is the lights are giving you an aura migraine without pain. I've experienced the same thing but not so often. I suck at driving at night because of not being able to see that great when there's other light sources. Hope someone can help...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Night vision issues similiar to migraine symptoms

I have similar issues with night driving, although for me I am not sure it's related to my migraines (might just be a coincidence that I get them). I agree that it sounds like the bright lights could be triggering an aura for you, even if the rest of the migraine doesn't come. If it's becoming a big issue, it's definitely worth talking to your neurologist/doctor about to see if there's anything preventive you can do to help. I actually plan to ask an eye doctor about any special glasses that might help, so that might be another thing you may want to consider. I understand how frustrating it can be when the lights really mess up your vision!

Reply Reply