It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 06:01 AM   #1
(female)

chelemcdonald HB User
Headache

Thursday last week I started having a shooting pain up the right side of my neck. During sleep Sunday night I was woke up to a throbbing pain in my right temple. Tuesday very back headache and neck pain. The ache in my head is mostly on the right side but goes all the way around my head. I am also experiencing aching in my shoulders and arms. Tuesday night started having nausea. Today I feel worse. I have had an occassional headache but this is bad. Sounds like a tension headache or migraine, but I am not so sure. Anyone have these series of symptoms and what can I do to help myself feel better?

Old 12-12-2012, 06:07 AM   #2
(female)

WhatWasIThinkin HB User
Re: Headache

Do you sleep on your stomach?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2012, 06:24 AM   #3
(female)

chelemcdonald HB User

Sometimes but not in the last few days because I am feeling so bad.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:52 AM   #4
(female)

WhatWasIThinkin HB User

Stomach sleeping puts your spine and surrounding muscles in an unnatural position that can cause severe pain and headaches, believe me, I know all about it! Have you tried massaging the muscles and using some heat to try and loosen them up?

Old 12-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #5
(female)

heda HB User

I had very similar symptoms and found out I have greater occipital neuralgia. The main nerve under occipital bone is pinched or damaged likely from a whiplash years ago that didnt heal right. I get pain in lower neck over top of my head to my eye all on the right side. I wake up nightly with horrible burning headaches and nausea Nothing helped til I went to chiropractor. He took X-rays and adjustments have done wonders. I'm on anti inflammatory and feeling good. This just came out of nowhere and I am in very good health. Not sure if this helps but thought I would put it out there.

Reply Reply

Tags
headache, nausea, neck, pain