It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2012, 10:29 PM   #1
(female)

hwold79 HB User
medical marijuana for migraines

I've had migraines for 28 years now, and I've tried everything from botox, imitrex, DHE45, to narcotics. Not to mentions preventatives. Has anyone tried medical marijuana for their migraines? If so, has it been beneficial? I'm really at my wits end here. Nothing is working for me anymore. I would appreciate any advice

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2012, 11:03 PM   #2
(female)

mmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB User
Re: medical marijuana for migraines

It helped my son alot with taking away the pain of migraines and daily headaches. He had to stop so he could pass drug tests for work.

The Following User Says Thank You to mmisty For This Useful Post:
hwold79 (12-27-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2012, 11:16 PM   #3
(female)

hwold79 HB User

thank you mmisty It sounds like it's worth a try!

Old 12-28-2012, 03:10 PM   #4
(female)

mmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB User

My son tried everything. Like you nothing helped, including Imitrex. Is presently on antidepressents and Topomax to control daily headaches and migraines. One night he was at a friends house with a terrible headache and his friends father said try some of this. Quick relief with marijuana. He went to a MD and go an RX (live in Calif). I know how much he has suffered for the last 11 years. Have been taking him to MD's all this time. It really helped, but most jobs require drug tests so he had to stop and use Motrin (helps a little).

Old 12-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #5
(female)

hwold79 HB User

mmisty,

Has your son tried DHE 45? It's along the lines of imitrex, but instead of being a triptan it's an ergotamine. It's suppose to "break" the bad headache cycles. It's not narcotic, so it won't interfere with drug testing. I've used it for years, and it really does help. I have to alternate my medications though, because I think my body just builds up a tolerance to things. This particular medication is given my injection into the thigh or buttocks. There is another version called migranal that is a nasal spray.

Reply Reply