It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2012, 02:05 PM   #1
(male)

warpony2310 HB Userwarpony2310 HB Userwarpony2310 HB Userwarpony2310 HB User
Migraine/botox getting ready

I have suffered from vestibular migraine from bppv vertigo for 14 years. I also have a balance disorder (feels like I am walking in sand on the beach all the time).

36 months ago I had a inner ear virus that left me (dizzy from lights in the store and the sunlight 24/7) I lost my job and went on state disabilty , that ran out and I am fighting with social security.

I feel like a Vampire , I walk around the park and 15 minutes later I get dizzy and look like a drunk staggering. (this happens every day and in the store)

Currents meds: 50 mg topomax -10mg flexiril - 1000 mg naproxen a day.

Just saw Migraine Doctor and waiting for paperwork to clear for (botox shots every 12 weeks ) we will see if this knocks down the sunlight and allows me to stop taking other meds.`~~~~> will post update

Old 02-26-2013, 01:37 PM   #2
(female)

Grannytoalex HB User
Re: Migraine /botox getting ready

I realize this is an older post, but I wanted to give you my support regarding the Botox injections.

I have had migraine headaches for 42 years, and chronic migraines for approx 5. Neuro tells s me that my migraines evolved into chronic migraines.

I had been prescribed every medication available to try and control the migraines. The only thing that works for me is Botox, i've been receiving injections for almost two years now, sometime with a nerve blocking injection to my neck as well. I am now off all other migraine medications and feel 100% better.

Here's hoping this works for you as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #3
(female)

ivytoo HB User

Botox shots do wonders for my migraines. Make sure insurance co pre-authorizes! Double check! You don't want to get stuck with the cost. Anyway, I've had migrains since age 13, now in my 50's. Love the Botox! Best of luck to you!

Old 03-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #4
(female)

PoppiePalace HB User

Me too, love the botox. It has been a life saver. I am now starting the nerve blocking injections in between my every 3 months botox treatments because I find that the closer I get to getting my treatments the migraines begin to come back. But without the botox I would be miserable. I truly hope it works for you.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #5
(female)

praybelieving HB User
Re: Migraine/botox getting ready

is there a certain migraine that this works for? I've been thinking of asking my neuro about it....how painful is it....would imagine the pain is worth not having almost daily migraines though,

Old 03-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #6
(female)

PoppiePalace HB User
Re: Migraine/botox getting ready

I have chronic migraines, which meant I was getting between 15-20 a month and they could last up to 3 days before all the pain had subsided. The botox shots are a bit uncomfortable, but it is done quickly. I get them across my forehead, behind my ears and at the base of my skull. Only wish she could target the wrinkles in my forhead and then I would get a twofer... no pain and no wrinkles.

Reply Reply