It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 06:11 PM   #1
(male)

Vespiion HB User
Headache and Panic Disorder... An Awful Combination

First of all, I'm new to these forums (What a wonderful way to start, eh?).

About a week ago, I started having a strange feeling in my head. Not the usual headache I'm used to, but a slight pain when I would change position too fast or bend over. I dealt with this for a few days before the visual disturbances showed up. Everything seemed extremely bright; my computer monitor was almost unbearable to look at. Then, my anxiety struck. I've had GAD and panic attacks since I was 14 (I'm 17 now), and I have a bad habit of becoming a hypochondriac whenever I have a physical ailment. Finally, yesterday, the pressure and ominous feeling seemed to vanish, but this morning it came back with a vengeance. A few seconds after waking up, I started getting that pulsing feeling in my right temple. The light sensitivity got much worse, and turning the lights on in my room immediately made my eyes hurt. I also developed this strange feeling of 'pressure' in my ears whenever I hear certain sounds. It's kind of like the feeling when you try to pop your ears, but without any conscious decision. So I fought through the day like this, and when I came home I crashed. Sleeping did almost nothing (laying down actually made the pulsing worse), and the nightmares I had didn't help with my anxiety.

Basically, I'm wondering if anyone has experienced headaches like this, and if they have, what causes them/how to deal with them. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow evening to figure out some options, but in my current mental state, it would be nice just to have someone to relate to.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #2
(male)

Vespiion HB User
Re: Headache and Panic Disorder... An Awful Combination

Visited my doctor today. She understood my concerns and also believes I'm merely suffering from migraines. At this point, my headache has pretty much dissipated (after one loooong week), although the light sensitivity still persists. I guess it just takes time, but at least I'm feeling better!

Old 01-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #3
(male)

Vespiion HB User

Dropping in for a quick update. The migraine headache has resolved, but I'm still experiencing the sensitivity to light. Later in the day especially, I can barely look at a computer screen without being blinded. Driving is even worse, as headlights seem ridiculously bright. Is this usual for migraine sufferers?

Old 01-23-2013, 10:35 PM   #4
(female)

sadgirl74 HB Usersadgirl74 HB User

yes it is the usual thing for us.. sadly to say.... i have a constant light sensitivity all the time. suffered from migraines so many years. it never goes away. i started migraines when i was 15 i am now 38 still got them bad too. sorry. they have a 10,000 dollar surgery to fix all of this, called a fore head lift etc look it up.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #5
(male)

Vespiion HB User

Thanks for the response. I've noticed that my sensitivity to light increases both at night and around artificial light (My monitor, TV, and lightbulbs). There isn't any pain associated, it just seems like everything's way too bright.

Reply Reply

Tags
anxiety, headaches, migraine, panic attack, tinnitus