It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
(male)

Steaphon HB User
Hello everyone...

I have been suffering ((((())))) from Chronic migraines or whatever they are calling it now. They never seem to stop. They are mostly daily. Sometimes dealing with auras, nausea, front, side, behind the eye to the back of my head, you name it. I have not worked but two days since November. My work has denied me compensation since late december. My reg doctor has coasted me towards disability at this time and I have applied. I am seeing yet another doctor on January 30. Nothing I see seems to help me except to slow it down. I am at this point very depressed and at the point I just want to give up. If it was not for my loving family to help me and my general care provider who is so sweet, she is just the best and caring individual, I just don't know what I would have done up until this point. Ok. what now...

Last edited by Steaphon; 01-14-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:22 AM   #2
(male)

Jason2013 HB User
Re: Hello everyone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steaphon View Post
I have been suffering ((((())))) from Chronic migraines or whatever they are calling it now. They never seem to stop. They are mostly daily. Sometimes dealing with auras, nausea, front, side, behind the eye to the back of my head, you name it. I have not worked but two days since November. My work has denied me compensation since late december. My reg doctor has coasted me towards disability at this time and I have applied. I am seeing yet another doctor on January 30. Nothing I see seems to help me except to slow it down. I am at this point very depressed and at the point I just want to give up. If it was not for my loving family to help me and my general care provider who is so sweet, she is just the best and caring individual, I just don't know what I would have done up until this point. Ok. what now...
It sounds like we are in a simialr position my friend. I have learned how to work albeit at a very low level of productivity. I too am in pain almost daily. This last Xmas was the 1st time I remember feeling well Xmas eve and day. I have been seeing a counselor for 2 years now. He is very eccentric and we have done some unique things and he has given me the most relief. Support of a fmaily is great but only goes so far. I am seeking disability from my position as an elementary school principal. I left work 2 years ago and have yet to be approved. I am working for afriend who is very flexible and understanding. I rarely get a full week in and when I get a full day I am usually done by the time I get home. Stay positive and lets help eachother through this. Knowing you are not the only one and managing your pain is the key. Not easy, frustrating and sucks. Got to survive it and know life will get better someday.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2013, 08:37 AM   #3
(male)

Jason2013 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Hello everyone...

It sounds as though we are in a similar position my friend. I too suffer from a similar type of migraine/headache. I have been all over for the last 10 years seeking relief. Imitrex is great for the typical migraine for me. I see a counselor who has helped me learn how to manage them. He is very eccentric and he is the 3rd one I have tried. Been out of work as an elementary principal for 2 years now and been seeing counselor for 2 years. he has helped me more than anyone else. I too am seeking disability through my professional org. I am working for a friend who is very flexible and understands my condition, albeit a low level of productivity. The key is to manage your condition. Not easy but a must. Stay in touch maybe we can help eachother.

Reply Reply

Tags
migraine