It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 11:38 PM   #1
(male)

kimber750 HB User
Constant Headache, Facial Numbness

This all started Sept 26 2011. I was woken by the worst headache I had ever had, vomiting, chest pain and trouble breathing. After half a day of throwing up I was taking to the ER. There they diagnosed me with chronic migraine after ct scan, lumbar puncture and mri.

Two weeks later I had the same symptoms again, but with stronger pain in the chest. I was unable to stand on my own. Back to the ER. Another CT scan, a stress test, echo test and three days of observations. Another MRI showed lesions on my brain. Was discharged saying it was just a migraine. Was told to make an appointment with neurologist.

Now I have been seeing this neurologist for almost a year and half and I don't feel any better. I still have a headache every day above my left eye. The left side of left side of my face has numb tingling feeling to it, as does my left arm. I have a total of 8 MRI's, 3 MRA's, 4 CT scans 2 ultra sounds. I am on 1500mg of depakote, 400mg topamax, 15mg flexiril daily. The pain is becoming unbearable. I am a 36 year old male. Not allowed to take triptans due to possible diagnoses of TIA. Any suggestions?

Reply Reply