It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2013, 06:57 PM   #1
(female)

kimoiiixd HB User
Unhappy Headache and having hard time remembering details

Hello I'm a 21 year old female. I was diagnosed with epilepsy 3 years ago. My problem now is that I always have headaches. My head would hurt a lot. Sometimes at the front, sometimes at the sides. I used to have a very good memory. I even got a health science course (nursing) which really needs good memory. But now I have a hard time remembering some things, and some details to the point that one time I forgot the names of my thesis-mates! I mean, there is a lag time to remembering, and it would take long for me to remember and sometimes I forget I was trying to remember something. I was about to text them that time but I just totally forgot their names. It's like I had a blank brain or something. I write things so that I can remember. I even forget conversations. My friends tease me that I'm getting old. There are also times when I forget where I just placed an important stuff (like my phone). I put it in a place then after a matter of seconds, I forget where I placed it. When I try to remember things my head would hurt again. I even have a hard time memorizing. I mean, I don't want to think all negative but I'm really worried about my health. My parents doesn't know about this. My mom just thinks that sometimes i'm overacting or just faking it or whatever. Can anyone tell me that this is just normal or something?

Last edited by kimoiiixd; 01-25-2013 at 07:00 PM.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:15 AM   #2
(female)

Compassionately HB User
Re: Headache and having hard time remembering details

When I have migraine I feel like I'm not here. Feel so strange cant connect with people can't think hat to say forget e,everything almost like I'm backward go into a sort of trance feel light headed vision is peculiar so frustrating get so many stranger symptoms with it when I haven't got it which is very rare i can talk &have a laugh with just about anyone do you have any other strange symptoms the mosh frustrating thing about this is that it is all out of our control hope to hear from you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #3
(female)

kimoiiixd HB User

Yesterday on my way home, I passed my stop coz I forgot where it is. I get severe headaches whenever I try to remember something. I wasn't diagnosed to have migraines. I was only diagnosed with epilepsy before. The other symptoms that I have aside from being really forgetful, would be severe mood swings. I mean, I can be very friendly but there are times when I can be so antisocial. I often feel depressed without any reason. Should I be alarmed about this?

Old 01-27-2013, 01:27 AM   #4
(female)

Compassionately HB User
Wink Re: Headache and having hard time remembering details

I get this forgetting every time I get a migraine some people even get it with anxiety from the migraine if it was any thing bad you wouldn't feel ok other times

Old 01-27-2013, 01:37 PM   #5
(female)

Compassionately HB User

Sorry forgot to add I have terrible mood swings & distant my self from lots of people when I'm like this its terrible all this isn't it

Old 02-04-2013, 06:58 AM   #6
(female)

Nicole K HB UserNicole K HB UserNicole K HB UserNicole K HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimoiiixd View Post
Hello I'm a 21 year old female. I was diagnosed with epilepsy 3 years ago. My problem now is that I always have headaches. My head would hurt a lot. Sometimes at the front, sometimes at the sides. I used to have a very good memory. I even got a health science course (nursing) which really needs good memory. But now I have a hard time remembering some things, and some details to the point that one time I forgot the names of my thesis-mates! I mean, there is a lag time to remembering, and it would take long for me to remember and sometimes I forget I was trying to remember something. I was about to text them that time but I just totally forgot their names. It's like I had a blank brain or something. I write things so that I can remember. I even forget conversations. My friends tease me that I'm getting old. There are also times when I forget where I just placed an important stuff (like my phone). I put it in a place then after a matter of seconds, I forget where I placed it. When I try to remember things my head would hurt again. I even have a hard time memorizing. I mean, I don't want to think all negative but I'm really worried about my health. My parents doesn't know about this. My mom just thinks that sometimes i'm overacting or just faking it or whatever. Can anyone tell me that this is just normal or something?
I would say as someone that also has epilepsy, I can relate to what you are feeling. I also get frequent headaches...and sometimes I even wake up with a headache.
My memory also fails me; just like you, I forget names of people I know..it can be embarrassing.
Are you on medication for your epilepsy?

Reply Reply

Tags
forgetfulness, headache