It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2013, 08:41 PM  
(male)

lalaboi1997 HB User
Unhappy Pain in Head for more than 6 weeks! PLEASE HELP!

Hi guys, this is my first time posting a thread. I'm 16 years old this year. Okay, so this is what has been happening and i really hope that i can find the answers from u guys. 5-6 weeks ago, I began to have this pain in my head mostly at the back of my head. At times, it radiates to the left and right side of my head and sometimes to the temples and forehead. So, its around the head. The first thing that i was freaked out was a brain tumor. I have no nausea or vomitting. I don't drink or smoke either. I freaked out and forced my mom to bring me to the doctor. The doctor told me to get a skull x-ray as i had a hard bone at the centre of my head and I was freaking out that that was the brain tumor. When the x ray reports came in, the doctor said the hard bone was actually my skulls shape and he said there was no sign of a tumor as there were no calcium something. The doctor gave me painkillers but I did not take much of them as my friends told me that it weakens the immune system. I was relieved but as weeks went by, the pain is still there. Its almost everyday there and I have been researching and finding answer but I couldn't. Now, I'm doubting if a skull x ray would show a brain tumor but i really hope there isn't any. I have been having back pains at the upper right side of my back. I have it every morning and its always there too. I went for massages for my back and the massage therapist told me that i have twisted a nerve there and it was swollen. The pain at my back subsided for 2-3 days but it's back again. Could the pain at my back be causing the pain in my head? Please help me guys. I've been going around finding answers but i could never derive to one. I really hope u guys could give me an answer and assure me that it isn't something serious.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2013, 03:00 AM  
(male)

vincentdixon78 HB User
Re: Pain in Head for more than 6 weeks! PLEASE HELP!

Treatment for brain tumors depends on a number of factors including the type, location and size of the tumor as well as the patient's age and general health. Treatment methods and schedules differ for children and adults. Brain tumors are treated with surgery, radiation therapy and chemotherapy.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:47 PM  
(male)

lalaboi1997 HB User
Unhappy Re: Pain in Head for more than 6 weeks! PLEASE HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentdixon78 View Post
Treatment for brain tumors depends on a number of factors including the type, location and size of the tumor as well as the patient's age and general health. Treatment methods and schedules differ for children and adults. Brain tumors are treated with surgery, radiation therapy and chemotherapy.
So, are u saying I'm having it? I just want to know if it isn't a brain tumor and if it isn't what eelse is it?

Old 02-21-2013, 03:53 PM  
(female)

Nicole K HB UserNicole K HB UserNicole K HB UserNicole K HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaboi1997 View Post
Hi guys, this is my first time posting a thread. I'm 16 years old this year. Okay, so this is what has been happening and i really hope that i can find the answers from u guys. 5-6 weeks ago, I began to have this pain in my head mostly at the back of my head. At times, it radiates to the left and right side of my head and sometimes to the temples and forehead. So, its around the head. The first thing that i was freaked out was a brain tumor. I have no nausea or vomitting. I don't drink or smoke either. I freaked out and forced my mom to bring me to the doctor. The doctor told me to get a skull x-ray as i had a hard bone at the centre of my head and I was freaking out that that was the brain tumor. When the x ray reports came in, the doctor said the hard bone was actually my skulls shape and he said there was no sign of a tumor as there were no calcium something. The doctor gave me painkillers but I did not take much of them as my friends told me that it weakens the immune system. I was relieved but as weeks went by, the pain is still there. Its almost everyday there and I have been researching and finding answer but I couldn't. Now, I'm doubting if a skull x ray would show a brain tumor but i really hope there isn't any. I have been having back pains at the upper right side of my back. I have it every morning and its always there too. I went for massages for my back and the massage therapist told me that i have twisted a nerve there and it was swollen. The pain at my back subsided for 2-3 days but it's back again. Could the pain at my back be causing the pain in my head? Please help me guys. I've been going around finding answers but i could never derive to one. I really hope u guys could give me an answer and assure me that it isn't something serious.
Hi There,

Was the xray for your skull an MRI or CT scan?? Usually that is the type of test they do to rule out any abnormalities. When I had my first seizure, that very night I was rushed to ER and a CT scan was done immediately to rule out any possible brain tumors which can also cause seizures.
About a month later, I was sent for an MRI.

If you continue to have pain, ask your Dr. for a referral to a Neurologist. Good luck.

~Adult onset epilepsy~

Old 02-22-2013, 12:41 AM  
(male)

lalaboi1997 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole K View Post
Hi There,

Was the xray for your skull an MRI or CT scan?? Usually that is the type of test they do to rule out any abnormalities. When I had my first seizure, that very night I was rushed to ER and a CT scan was done immediately to rule out any possible brain tumors which can also cause seizures.
About a month later, I was sent for an MRI.

If you continue to have pain, ask your Dr. for a referral to a Neurologist. Good luck.
I'm not sure if a CT scan is what you call a skull X-Ray. Here, I only had a skull x ray. I recently visited the doctor and she said the pain in my forehead could be a tension headache and the pain in the back of my head could be from my neck. She prescribed me ibruphen. Lately, the pain isn't severe. Its there but just light and I'm occupying myself to stop thinking about it. I'm not too sure what's a seizure, could you explain to me please?

Old 02-22-2013, 07:25 AM  
(female)

Quote:
I'm not sure if a CT scan is what you call a skull X-Ray. Here, I only had a skull x ray. I recently visited the doctor and she said the pain in my forehead could be a tension headache and the pain in the back of my head could be from my neck. She prescribed me ibruphen. Lately, the pain isn't severe. Its there but just light and I'm occupying myself to stop thinking about it. I'm not too sure what's a seizure, could you explain to me please?
You can google "CT scan" to get more info. and to find out if that's what you had done or just ask your Dr.

A seizure is like an electrical storm happening in the brain or uncontrolled electrical activity in the brain; it can affect only certain portions of the brain or the whole brain. There are many different types of seizures, some where you are conscious, some where you are semi-conscious and then there are the type where you lose complete consciousness.

You can also do a search on "seizure types" to get more detail and info.

IMO, I don't think it's normal to have ongoing pain in your head and how long do you expect to be taking Ibuprofen?

Have you had your eyes checked lately?? Eye strain can cause headaches; certain types of food can cause headaches such as cured meats, hard cheeses, red wine (which you wouldn't be drinking at your age), or some people have food sensitivities or allergies which may cause headaches. Migraines are another possiblity.

It wouldn't hurt to get a 2nd opinion from another Dr. if possible and still go ahead with a referral to a Neurolgist. At least, that's what I would do if I was in your situation.
Also, keep track of your headaches in a journal...the time it happens, possible triggers, where the pain stems from, etc. This will help the Dr. give you a proper diagnosis.

~Adult onset epilepsy~

Old 02-24-2013, 07:34 PM  
(male)

lalaboi1997 HB User
Unhappy Re: Pain in Head for more than 6 weeks! PLEASE HELP!

Quote:
You can google "CT scan" to get more info. and to find out if that's what you had done or just ask your Dr.

A seizure is like an electrical storm happening in the brain or uncontrolled electrical activity in the brain; it can affect only certain portions of the brain or the whole brain. There are many different types of seizures, some where you are conscious, some where you are semi-conscious and then there are the type where you lose complete consciousness.

You can also do a search on "seizure types" to get more detail and info.

IMO, I don't think it's normal to have ongoing pain in your head and how long do you expect to be taking Ibuprofen?

Have you had your eyes checked lately?? Eye strain can cause headaches; certain types of food can cause headaches such as cured meats, hard cheeses, red wine (which you wouldn't be drinking at your age), or some people have food sensitivities or allergies which may cause headaches. Migraines are another possiblity.

It wouldn't hurt to get a 2nd opinion from another Dr. if possible and still go ahead with a referral to a Neurolgist. At least, that's what I would do if I was in your situation.
Also, keep track of your headaches in a journal...the time it happens, possible triggers, where the pain stems from, etc. This will help the Dr. give you a proper diagnosis.
Okay thank you for being so kind to help me out this much. I'll try to get a CT scan over here. But, may I know if you suspect my pain is something serious? I really hope its not

Old 02-24-2013, 08:09 PM  
(female)

Quote:
Okay thank you for being so kind to help me out this much. I'll try to get a CT scan over here. But, may I know if you suspect my pain is something serious? I really hope its not
You're very welcome.

I can't give you an answer to the question you're asking me...sorry.
Try not to worry. If you are really concerned go back to your Dr. or see another Dr.
Take care and good luck.

~Adult onset epilepsy~

Old 02-25-2013, 05:01 PM  
(male)

lalaboi1997 HB User
Smile Re: Pain in Head for more than 6 weeks! PLEASE HELP!

Quote:
You're very welcome.

I can't give you an answer to the question you're asking me...sorry.
Try not to worry. If you are really concerned go back to your Dr. or see another Dr.
Take care and good luck.
Its okay, you've done your level best to help me. The pain is slowly subsiding and comes at times in the day. I hope it would disappear soon and I believe it could be caused by my neck loke what the doctor mentioned. I've been having stiff shoulders and neck recently also. I'll try to get to see another doctor