It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #1
(female)

SuzyQPA2 HB User
Unhappy Headache caused by Sinus?

So a week ago i hit my head on the car, wasn't hard (was the inside part of the car). Went to several doctors, didn't get a scan but passed all exams and got cleared this past Monday. Doctor also checked my blood and said everything was normal.

So right after getting cleared i got a major sinus headache along the front forehead later that day. So i got a replenishment of asteopro (the nasal antihistamine), have been taking my claritin for a week and been taking nasonex. Took a sudafed PE yesterday helped a little i felt myself draining...I've tried some shiatsu for sinus and it helped temporarily. But yesterday the headache was across the top of my head and now it seems top of head and forehead today. I have no fever etc..

So we've had several weather changes but can sinus headaches be that bad??
Any ideas on what else to do?

Last edited by SuzyQPA2; 02-22-2013 at 11:20 AM.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Headache caused by Sinus?

Hi,
I know just what you are saying. After a shocking cold four weeks ago I developed Sinus problems, e.g. pains in my forehead, around my eyes and a feeling like an elastic-band around the back of my head.
This occured after the nasty mucus from the cold had gone. The mucus is now clear. No Antibiotics needed said the GP but prescribed (Nasobec Aqueous Nasal Spray) as my nose is so blocked at night and it's hard to breathe.
"Question"? is your Nasonex Spray a steroid type spray and how long did it take to work.
I find Sudafed quite helpful but whatever is in it if I take it at night it keeps me awake most of the night.
"YES Sinus is Painful,

Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2013, 12:39 PM   #3
(female)

SuzyQPA2 HB User

Nasonex works right away its basically better than ibprofin at managing inflammatiom

Old 02-23-2013, 07:15 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQPA2 View Post
Nasonex works right away its basically better than ibprofin at managing inflammatiom

"Thank's"
Looked up Nasobec & Nasonex. Both do similar...

Solofelix.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:07 AM   #5
(female)

MtnGrl887 HB User

Yes, sinus pain can be very painful and caused by all sorts of things from weather and pressure changes to allergies and infection. I find that a hot shower or hot compresses on my face or forehead very helpful.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #6
(female)

marip1 HB User

I'm not sure if I have a sinus infection. Having pain in my forehead this past week it's a dull intermittent short lasting pain. I have other symptoms that fit a sinus infection but I don't know about the headache. If you have a sinus infection is the headache constant?

Reply Reply