It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #1
(male)

CLL11223 HB User
Daily headaches any answers?

hey there anyone please help needed. I'm 31 years old and since February 2012 i have been having these dull headaches on the right side of my head. the pain starts at the top sometimes throbbing or pulsating. it sometimes moves to the back of the head and sometimes to the left side. my neck sometimes feels stiff also my shoulders. i sometimes feel my left arm numb or cramp or tingling feeling. when i wake in the morning my head is good but as it reaches somewhere about mid day it starts. the pain is not one that cause me to stop doing my daily activities but it worries me. i sometimes fell pain in my forehead just above my eyes and sometimes at the back of my eyes sometimes the pain switch from one eye to the next. Recently i started getting this chilly or numb feeling in my head, face, hands, legs sometimes the entire body. my ears rings occasionally. the pain sometimes feels like its in my right ear. I've been to different doctors one says its stress, one says its tension then changed his opinion to migraine after i did a ct scan that came back normal. the other doctor told me based on the symptoms i described its migraine. I've recently done an executive profile exam. my blood sugar is good, blood count is good urine is good, liver and kidneys are OK but my cholesterol is a bit high. i am a cop who works in Jamaica. i was away on vacation for a few weeks the headaches were still there but not as bad as it is since I've been back to work. anyone with any advice please help.
:

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #2
(male)

CLL11223 HB User
Daily headaches any answers?

oh just to add the pain does not get worse with physical activities. if i do not eat for prolonged period of time it becomes severe, salt tends to worsen it. thanks alot

Old 03-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #3
(female)

Nicole K HB UserNicole K HB UserNicole K HB UserNicole K HB User
Re: Daily headaches any answers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLL11223 View Post
hey there anyone please help needed. I'm 31 years old and since February 2012 i have been having these dull headaches on the right side of my head. the pain starts at the top sometimes throbbing or pulsating. it sometimes moves to the back of the head and sometimes to the left side. my neck sometimes feels stiff also my shoulders. i sometimes feel my left arm numb or cramp or tingling feeling. when i wake in the morning my head is good but as it reaches somewhere about mid day it starts. the pain is not one that cause me to stop doing my daily activities but it worries me. i sometimes fell pain in my forehead just above my eyes and sometimes at the back of my eyes sometimes the pain switch from one eye to the next. Recently i started getting this chilly or numb feeling in my head, face, hands, legs sometimes the entire body. my ears rings occasionally. the pain sometimes feels like its in my right ear. I've been to different doctors one says its stress, one says its tension then changed his opinion to migraine after i did a ct scan that came back normal. the other doctor told me based on the symptoms i described its migraine. I've recently done an executive profile exam. my blood sugar is good, blood count is good urine is good, liver and kidneys are OK but my cholesterol is a bit high. i am a cop who works in Jamaica. i was away on vacation for a few weeks the headaches were still there but not as bad as it is since I've been back to work. anyone with any advice please help.
:
Could you get a referral to a Neurologist perhaps?? They may be of more help than your regular Dr.

It's good that your CT scan was clear. That is usually the first test done to rule out any problems. The next test could be an MRI but again that would be something that your Dr. or a Neurologist would have to order for you.

Some people who have migraines, if in fact that is what you are experiencing, have a warning sign before the migraine starts (an aura) and will see squiggly lines or flashing lights, etc.

~Adult onset epilepsy~

The Following User Says Thank You to Nicole K For This Useful Post:
CLL11223 (03-02-2013)
Old 03-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #4
(male)

CLL11223 HB User

thanks for your advice Nicole K. I have an appointment with a Neurologist but waiting period is so long i just want a solution so i can get on with my life.....

Old 03-03-2013, 07:33 AM   #5
(female)

Nicole K HB UserNicole K HB UserNicole K HB UserNicole K HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLL11223 View Post
thanks for your advice Nicole K. I have an appointment with a Neurologist but waiting period is so long i just want a solution so i can get on with my life.....
Your welcome.

In the interim, until you see a Neurologist, keep a journal and write down as much information as possible such as possible triggers, where the pain starts, how often you have the headaches, time of day it starts, how long it lasts, etc. Basically everything you described in your original post should be documented for the Neurologist.
The more info. he/she has, the better he/she can help you.

Try to avoid your triggers (you say salt) and lack of food as well. Carry healthy snacks with you (even at work). Avoid foods with nitrates...cured meats, cheeses, processed foods.

Best of luck to you.

~Adult onset epilepsy~

Old 03-03-2013, 07:42 AM   #6
(female)

nonan47 HB Usernonan47 HB User

This is quick I didn't even read your whole post because I have gtg. I am a beekkeeper and the beginning of February trees start to bloom or create pollen usually the Red Maple. Maybe keep a record of what time of year your headaches begin than look up on line what is blooming at that time.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #7
(male)

AndreTouch1 HB User

From a Neuromuscular Therapists assessment point of view I'd venture to say the symptoms you've described suggests a moderat to severe TMJ/TMD. Do you tend to clinch or grind your teeth? Do you have a scoliosis?

Old 03-19-2013, 06:02 PM   #8
(female)

Nutritarian HB User

I get migraines and it could either be a migriane or some type of neuro muscular neck issue. Glad you are seeing a neuro and hopefully an MRi.
Good luck!

Reply Reply