It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #1
(male)

GeorgeET HB User
Horrible Headaches (help?)

Hello, I'm George :-)
I'm 20 years old, and I'm from the UK.
I have been suffering now since the Summer of 2012 (although when I was about 12, I suffered similar headaches). So, about 5 months now. It's mainly in the evening - although for the first time the other day, it was first thing in the morning.
I get this aching, and stabbing sharp pain in my temples and across the top of my forhead. It can last anywhere between 30 mins and a few hours. I'm 6ft 3 and about 330 pounds - I have a high pain threshold... But this pain is horrible. It's like toothache, but in my head (if that makes sense, lol).
I have visited my doctors three times now and have spoken with two different doctors regarding the issue.
The first time: My doctor blamed the headaches on Depression. I was suffering from depression for about two months after I was made redundant from work (office closure). However, this cleared up - and the headaches didn't.
The second time: The doctor blamed my eyes ajusting to new lenses in my glasses... Fair enough - however, as the months passed on... I realized - this can't the case.
The third time: My doctor said it was related to a sinus infection I was suffering - again, this has now been clear for a few months (minus the ocassional bouts, but nothing serious.

It also seems to be affecting my short term memory... Well, I think it is anyways - I'm not sure if the two things are totally related. I can remember everything and anything - but I have to think really hard or be reminded if it's something I did like yesterday or the day before... And I'd have to think really really hard if it was last week.

Anyways - I don't like to moan about my health much... I have had some pretty good check ups last year (heart scans, lung scans, blood tests) and other than this, and being rather overweight (I have lost 28 pounds since Christmas, woop) I'm in generally good health.

Things I have tried:
Herbal tea (helps me to relax, but does not help my headache)
Drinking lots more water (helps a little)
Change of diet (helps a little)
Head roller (makes head feel cold, helps a little)
Paracetamol (lots of them over the past 5 months)
Co-codamol (helps a lot)

All of these are short term fixes... I'd really like to get to the bottom of this, but as my doctors are not taking it seriously, and as it's been going on 5 months... I find myself here... So if you can relate, or have any information, please reply to this thread... I would really apreachiate it.

Thank you,
George E T.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2013, 09:06 AM   #2
(male)

GeorgeET HB User
Re: Horrible Headaches (help?)

Anyone??
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeET View Post
Hello, I'm George :-)
I'm 20 years old, and I'm from the UK.
I have been suffering now since the Summer of 2012 (although when I was about 12, I suffered similar headaches). So, about 5 months now. It's mainly in the evening - although for the first time the other day, it was first thing in the morning.
I get this aching, and stabbing sharp pain in my temples and across the top of my forhead. It can last anywhere between 30 mins and a few hours. I'm 6ft 3 and about 330 pounds - I have a high pain threshold... But this pain is horrible. It's like toothache, but in my head (if that makes sense, lol).
I have visited my doctors three times now and have spoken with two different doctors regarding the issue.
The first time: My doctor blamed the headaches on Depression. I was suffering from depression for about two months after I was made redundant from work (office closure). However, this cleared up - and the headaches didn't.
The second time: The doctor blamed my eyes ajusting to new lenses in my glasses... Fair enough - however, as the months passed on... I realized - this can't the case.
The third time: My doctor said it was related to a sinus infection I was suffering - again, this has now been clear for a few months (minus the ocassional bouts, but nothing serious.

It also seems to be affecting my short term memory... Well, I think it is anyways - I'm not sure if the two things are totally related. I can remember everything and anything - but I have to think really hard or be reminded if it's something I did like yesterday or the day before... And I'd have to think really really hard if it was last week.

Anyways - I don't like to moan about my health much... I have had some pretty good check ups last year (heart scans, lung scans, blood tests) and other than this, and being rather overweight (I have lost 28 pounds since Christmas, woop) I'm in generally good health.

Things I have tried:
Herbal tea (helps me to relax, but does not help my headache)
Drinking lots more water (helps a little)
Change of diet (helps a little)
Head roller (makes head feel cold, helps a little)
Paracetamol (lots of them over the past 5 months)
Co-codamol (helps a lot)

All of these are short term fixes... I'd really like to get to the bottom of this, but as my doctors are not taking it seriously, and as it's been going on 5 months... I find myself here... So if you can relate, or have any information, please reply to this thread... I would really apreachiate it.

Thank you,
George E T.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #3
(female)

Amery1 HB User

I'm sorry for your headaches and can totally sympathize. It seems you have done your homework on what to try for help. I would ask how is your sleeping, as it is advised for migraines sufferers to make sure we have regular sleep habits. I would also suggest you URGE your doctor to do some further testing, like an MRI or CT scan to rule out anything more serious, seeing as it is going on half a year now. In my research I have read that men tend to suffer from cluster headaches, do some research on that if you can. I wish you all the best in finding the cause. Stay persistent with your doctor, you are your own best advocate.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #4
(female)

praybelieving HB User

I guess since you are in the UK, i don't know the meds you are talking about that helps...but have your docs tried a muscle relaxer? Could be tension.

Other than that, my neuro put me on 1000mg magnesium, 400mg vit b2 and my hubby researched and found "feverfew" which I take twice a day now and the reviews online raved about it saying their neuros recommended it and it helped with migraines they had 20-30 years.

hope you feel better

Old 03-22-2013, 07:03 PM   #5
(male)

justmens HB User
Wink Re: Horrible Headaches (help?)

I m sorry, it's too thorny... First, you must have a good rest. I would also suggest you URGE your doctor to do some further testing, like an MRI or CT scan to rule out anything more serious, seeing as it is going on half a year now.

Reply Reply