It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2013, 03:30 PM   #1
(female)

Charlid89 HB User
Constant headache for 2 weeks

Hi

My headache started 2 weeks ago. It was a very sudden headache. not at the front like a normal headache it's at the back of my head.
It's constant headache that will not go away, and paracetamol or any other painkillers won't touch it.
Laying down and trying to rest wont help either.
I went to the doctors last sunday and they made me go to A&E, where i had a CT scan and blood tests that came back clear. The doctor wanted me to stay in and possibly have a Lumbar puncture but i discharged myself as to be honest i got scared.
Ever since then the pain has been getting worse and at times it's a sharp stabbing pain which shoots to the front of my head. It's really starting to get me down. I spoke to my GP today who suggested i go back to A&E, but is it worth it seeing as the CT scan was clear? Someone mentioned an MRI scan to me earlier, but isn't that pretty much the same as a CT scan?

Has anybody else had this type of thing before?
Would appreciate any help

Thanks
xx

Old 03-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #2
(female)

Nutritarian HB User
Re: Constant headache for 2 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlid89 View Post
Hi

My headache started 2 weeks ago. It was a very sudden headache. not at the front like a normal headache it's at the back of my head.
It's constant headache that will not go away, and paracetamol or any other painkillers won't touch it.
Laying down and trying to rest wont help either.
I went to the doctors last sunday and they made me go to A&E, where i had a CT scan and blood tests that came back clear. The doctor wanted me to stay in and possibly have a Lumbar puncture but i discharged myself as to be honest i got scared.
Ever since then the pain has been getting worse and at times it's a sharp stabbing pain which shoots to the front of my head. It's really starting to get me down. I spoke to my GP today who suggested i go back to A&E, but is it worth it seeing as the CT scan was clear? Someone mentioned an MRI scan to me earlier, but isn't that pretty much the same as a CT scan?

Has anybody else had this type of thing before?
Would appreciate any help

Thanks
xx
Hi Charlid

No, An MRI is very different than a CAT scan. I started to have bad headaches out of the blue five years ago on the right side of my head and had no clue that it was migraines. My neurologist did an MRI and an MRA which was negative. I would urge you to get both of these test done. I am sure it is nothing, but you want to have peace of mind. Do not get the lumber puncture unless they cannot figure it out wit the tests I suggested. Have you tried Imitrx to see if that helps? Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2013, 06:54 AM   #3
(male)

Jason2013 HB User
Re: Constant headache for 2 weeks

I don't have the sharp pains but have the dull pain in the back of my head. For me this has been going on for a few years. Sometimes I get relief when the headache switches to the front and a new pain appears. I still get the stabbing pain in the temple a couple of times a week, it usually wakes me up from sleeping. I take trazadone 150-300mg. and 4-12 mg of melatonin as a sleep aide. I have to have the meds to sleep. Occassionally I get a few good hours or even 1 or 2 days a month without pain. I have had these for several years now and they are always changing. I have had multiple MRI's, CT's and even a lumbar puncture. Everything is normal. You are not alone. No meds seem to touch this back of the head pain. Makes me feel better someone else is dealing with it and I am not alone. Very frustrating, I know. Hang in there.

Reply Reply