It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2013, 08:10 PM   #1
(female)

marip1 HB User
Pain killer not working

I have had dizziness, headaches (pain killers doesn't seem to help) and neck pain for 2 weeks. Couple years ago I also had neck pain and a xray was taken. It showed moderate narrowing between c4-c5. My doctor thinks I have a pinched nerve. Is this why the pain killers don't seem to work?? I'm going to see a neurologist next week.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:40 PM   #2
(female)

AnnaMontana HB User
Re: Pain killer not working

I'm not sure about a pinched nerve, but you could be dealing with medication overuse headache. Any painkillers (tylenol, ibuprofen, vicodin, percocet, excedrine, etc) can cause headaches if they are used too frequently. My neurologist says not to use them more than twice a week. Have you tried any natural antiinflammatories? Fish oil and ginger work well for some people.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2013, 07:55 PM   #3
(female)

marip1 HB User
Re: Pain killer not working

Haven't taken that many painkillers only when the headache really bothers me. I think what I have is a sinus infection. It's funny that you mentioned ginger. Yesterday I baked some oatmeal ginger cookies. There loaded with crystallized ginger chips. I put about a cup of them into the batter. Didn't eat that many yesterday because today I went for a complete blood work up didn't want to eat too much sugar before the test. So today I ate quite a few and tonight I feel pretty good. Could be the ginger or the Fluticasone spray I used for my nose. I didn't know ginger could help. I thought maybe it was a pinched nerve in my neck but with this slight nasal congestion I think now it's probably a sinus infection.

Reply Reply