It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
(female)

lferris02 HB User
leftside headaches

I been having headach or very sharp pain in the leftside of my head. I can apply pressure to an artery at the base of my skull or a pressure point there. I don't know, but anyway when i apply pressure there I feel pain all the way into my head. I have been taking butalbital/acetminophen every 8 hrs. But that's not helpping. Could it be the artery blockage or wrakness?

Old 05-23-2013, 01:23 PM   #2
(female)

MissAnnaAmy HB User
Re: leftside headaches

Considering your symptoms, it is important to get an urgent neurological examination done. It can be a neurological pathology like motor neuron disease,TIA or stroke or autoimmune condition like multiple sclerosis in which the immune system attacks the central nervous system (CNS), leading to demyelination.It can be diagnosed by MRI brain and MRS of the brain. Firstly, I’ll request you to get your blood sugar/HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin) tested to rule out Diabetes mellitus. You may also need tests like Nerve Conduction Velocity etc.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #3
(female)

msting05 HB User

I have these kind of headaches on the left side of my head, my left hand and left eye hurts also. my left eye drops a little and i get dizzy.....What could this be

Old 06-12-2013, 02:23 PM   #4
(female)

redsmom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by msting05 View Post
I have these kind of headaches on the left side of my head, my left hand and left eye hurts also. my left eye drops a little and i get dizzy.....What could this be
Can be a migraine. Any noise and light sensitivity?

The following user gives a hug of support to redsmom:
msting05 (08-29-2013)
Old 06-25-2013, 05:49 AM   #5
(female)

coffeecupmerry HB User

I am new to the board and am interested in any help. I too have odd sensations in my head. My situation is I have a dull pain in my left side of my head, a little above the ear and at times in the ear. The pain comes and goes. Last 20 minutes a session. Can happen when i eat a meal. The pain is NOT stabbing but just an inconvenience. One doctor thought it might be Iccipital neuraligia but I have don't have many of the symptoms the condition mentions. In Feb of 2008, I had a TIA and was given pills. With a month of the check up visit with my doctor I noticed the pain/sensation. At that time felt as if a warm hand was resting on my side of my head. Just this past January stopped the pills. A neuraligist said take aspirin, the pills you would given to prevent you from another TIA you really didn't need. Now 6 months on aspirin I still have the sensation . I WONDER if doctors know anything.

Any thoughts.

Last edited by coffeecupmerry; 06-25-2013 at 05:52 AM.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:53 PM   #6
(female)

nmitt3 HB User

Helive been experiencing full head/presure in my temples, sharp pain in left side of head and left temple, along with "foggy brain/spaced out" feeling in my head. All coupled with frequent head aches. It started with sore/stiff necklstly on left side followed by foggy head a month later then sinus plugged feeling a month after that with pain behind eyes, phlem in throat, sharp pain in left head/temple that goes in a direct line back through my head. Sometimes pressure feeling in the dead center of my head. I got a CT scan which came back fine but that was before plugged sinus feeling. I'm scheduled for an MRI 3 months from now to rule out MS but really concerned to what it could be. Also going to see an ENT. Any thoughts?

Old 07-01-2013, 06:34 AM   #7
(female)

coffeecupmerry HB User

My headaches aren't all that bad. They come and go. But you just wonder if this is something you will have to live with. I did see a neuroligist and he did mention a shot of some sort. Later went back after doing theraphy which didn't do a thing and the nurse practicer gave me the impression that shots may not work or if it did you might experience pain on the other side of the head. So I said I will live with it .

Old 08-29-2013, 09:33 AM   #8
(female)

msting05 HB User

Oh wow thanks, i am stillhaving these headaches even with high blood pressue (157/110) but no one seems to know what to test me for. so here i am

Reply Reply