It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2005, 07:40 PM   #1
(female)

MomwithMS HB User
Talking For uninsured and underinsured

________________________________________ ____________

NOTE:
This thread is only for posting information.

Please do not post thanks or comments.
________________________________________ ____________

I recently stumbled across this site: [url]www.patientadvocate.org[/url]

This site helps individuals with chronic health conditions with assistance programs for medical needs and personal emergencies. I sent them an email, and I am registering for their services.

They have also informed me of several other programs to help uninsured or underinsured individuals with chronic health problems.

First, there is [url]www.uneedpsi.org[/url]
This organization helps individuals PAY health insurance premiums (including COBRA and high risk pool plans). They will also help pay copayments.

There is also [url]www.healthwellfoundation.com[/url]

I was so surprised to find these sites. How incredible!

Also, I found one more:

[url]www.netwish.org[/url]
This is a non profit organization that likes to grant "wishes" for up to $500!! Can you imagine?!?!?!

Anyway, these organizations are here to help people who fall through the cracks. Also, you can contact the manufacturer of any medication directly and see if they have a patient assistance program.

The patient advocate foundation ([url]www.patientadvocate.org[/url]) offers assistance with just about any kind of crisis. They also have info in dealing with social security disability applications!

Best wishes,
Leslie

Diagnosed with MS 1997
Psoriasis since 1986
Psoriatic Arthritis 2004

Last edited by Administrator; 09-05-2007 at 01:23 PM. Reason: approved by moderator2

The following user gives a hug of support to MomwithMS:
AMB711 (10-26-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to MomwithMS For This Useful Post:
fragmentoflight (11-04-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2005, 02:00 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

davesgurl HB User
Re: For uninsured and underinsured

[QUOTE=MomwithMS]I recently stumbled across this site: www.patientadvocate.org

This site helps individuals with chronic health conditions with assistance programs for medical needs and personal emergencies. I sent them an email, and I am registering for their services.

They have also informed me of several other programs to help uninsured or underinsured individuals with chronic health problems.

First, there is www.uneedpsi.org
This organization helps individuals PAY health insurance premiums (including COBRA and high risk pool plans). They will also help pay copayments.

There is also www.healthwellfoundation.com

I was so surprised to find these sites. How incredible!

Also, I found one more:

www.netwish.org
This is a non profit organization that likes to grant "wishes" for up to $500!! Can you imagine?!?!?!

Anyway, these organizations are here to help people who fall through the cracks. Also, you can contact the manufacturer of any medication directly and see if they have a patient assistance program.

The patient advocate foundation (www.patientadvocate.org) offers assistance with just about any kind of crisis. They also have info in dealing with social security disability applications!

Best wishes,
Leslie

Diagnosed with MS 1997
Psoriasis since 1986
Psoriatic Arthritis 2004[/QUOT
THANK YOU I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND HELP WITH MY MEDS> I HAVE NO COVERAGE AND MY MEDS RUN ME ABOUT 900.00 monthly

Old 04-19-2005, 06:20 PM   #3
(female)

jazzy_girl HB User
Re: For uninsured and underinsured

For patients that do not have medcation coverage on their insurance or if they have no insurance to [url]www.needymeds.com[/url] it is a portal to pharmacuetical programs to get your meds from the company that makes them for a small copay or for free. You do have to apply for each med individually and it often takes 6-8 weeks. The site is pretty self explanatory.

Last edited by moderator2; 04-19-2005 at 07:30 PM. Reason: please do not reveal your profession on these peer support boards

Old 05-31-2005, 12:27 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB User
Talking Re: For uninsured and underinsured

Also, www.modestneeds.com does much the same

Closed Thread