It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2011, 12:44 PM   #16
Senior Veteran
(male)

vann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB User
Re: Has anybody won SSDI benefits on the reconsideration stage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beegie View Post
Hi Follen,

Thanks for the kinds words and support I truly appreciated it. It's never too late hear from anybody who knows the SSA process that can be very much helpful to others in the end. I am glad to hear from people going throught the samething it does make me feel better to have hope and support.

Since I have physical and mental all together my chances hopefully great to get approved. But you never know until after being denial an intital and possiblity reconsideration stage. I have an attorney now have already file the reconsideration appeal now we are waiting I guess if we are denial reconsideration stage the AJL hearing will be the next step. I just pray and hope it will turn out for the best.
The problem right now with the SSa denial process is that there are so many younger people under the age of 54 applying for ssdi because they cannot find a job because of the economy and most of the ones trying to get ssdi have mental problems and fibro while some do have these problems SSa thinks that you are to young to have all of these problems my lawyer told me that between the baby boomers and younger people trying to get ssdi it's putting a strain on the system he also told me that most of the younger people trying to get ssdi will not even get enough to live on because they have not paid into the system long enough so they would also get ssi and that is were SSa is clamping down because ssi is tax payers money so that is why ssdi takes a long time to get

I think SSA is so strict with their rules of disability it so hard to get approved on the first time and you have to go through denial of each stages before getting approved. You are absolute right they want people to give up and not fight for what they need. I am going to keep fighting to win. I am not going to let them win. I think the first denial was they didn't read of all my disability and also that I didn't have any good doctors to support i am disabled so I have drop them and looking for really good doctor.

I was treated to mental facility Winn Way Mental health for my depression and anxiety disorder they are not good they don't have anybody to support people SSDI and SSI case who don't have anything and unable work. So I am unable to afford treated there so I changing them go to medical clinic I know that is better than nothing and to a phyisican who will support my case and medical condition.

It is very hard to live without financial resources and no support and unable to do things like you did before it is tradgey.

I am suffering from the following conditions:
Depression
Anxiety
Skin Disorder
Migrate headaches
artihius/ back and hip pain
obesity (weight gaining)

I am hope and pray I will get it the SSDI/SSI. I wish the same and hope everybody who was denial to get it. I hope my attorney will help with this process.

thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2011, 02:22 PM   #17
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

I know this is a old thread> So first thing, to the OP, have you now recieved your benifits?
Second, I did recieve my SSDI on the reconsideration level. By the time I reached the next stage, recon, i had "even more" evidence to support my claim . That is how I won. I had no idea how difficult it is to win at this level. BUt, the only reason why I had, was the amount of new evidence I had, and new Dr's to support my claim. I think that is the only way to win at the second level. I did not have a Lawyer or anything, but was prepared to get one if I had lost .

Old 11-28-2011, 08:15 PM   #18
(female)

Loriekay HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscat40 View Post
I know this is a old thread> So first thing, to the OP, have you now recieved your benifits?
Second, I did recieve my SSDI on the reconsideration level. By the time I reached the next stage, recon, i had "even more" evidence to support my claim . That is how I won. I had no idea how difficult it is to win at this level. BUt, the only reason why I had, was the amount of new evidence I had, and new Dr's to support my claim. I think that is the only way to win at the second level. I did not have a Lawyer or anything, but was prepared to get one if I had lost .
Very encouraging to hear you won on reconsideration. that is where I am. i was denied only a month ago but the adjuster is RED FLAGGING my case. Basically because i'm 42 with a 2 year old taking care of my other kids and have severe severe SEVERE anxiety and panick attacks that i'm just heavily medicated for. Among other issues but that is why he fast tracked it. I was out of options. I had to apply for AFDC. (welfare) well they require you work...not me because i have a two year old but they wanted me to see a md.....my md called them and said she's agoraphobic..she cant' go to boston....three days later..a letter stating this patient is deemed disabled. they also had a copy of all SSDI had. that letter was submitted last week. so as i haunt this man to death...thank god he has a sense of humor about it considering the first one treated me like a dog. called me today to say it is red flagged and will be handled immediately so fingers crossed. thanks for telling your story. made me feel better.

Closed Thread