It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2006, 03:49 PM   #1
(male)

Ylurien HB User
Health Insurance as an investment?

Hello everyone,

I`m a young guy at 27 and have not been under any kind of health insurance plan to date. An acquaintance of mine recently told me that he had found a great plan through Prudential that acts as an investment plan, so what he does is pay nearly $400/month for health insurance, but he gets a large chunk of it back at the end of 10 years if he only uses such and such a percentage of it.

This kind of thing sounds very interesting to me. Unfortunately, I`ve since fallen out of contact with this friend so I was hoping someone around here would be able to offer me some sort of advice on something like this. Really, is this sort of thing even plausible?

Thank you for your patience and I look forward to any replies.

Old 10-25-2006, 03:18 PM   #2
(male)

gib HB User
Re: Health Insurance as an investment?

Don't you work for an employer with a plan?

There would be plenty of thing you should look at I guess. What is the rate of return?

10 years would be a long time, hoping nothing happens to you. What are the limits on any claims? Things can happen at any time. I blew my knee out last year playing around on my dirt bike in the back yard. Simple playing around led to a $5500 arthroscopic procedure on my knee.

Look at it closely, but I think I'd rather have my investments seperated from my health insurance?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2006, 05:03 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Merimac HB UserMerimac HB User
Re: Health Insurance as an investment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ylurien
Hello everyone,

I`m a young guy at 27 and have not been under any kind of health insurance plan to date. An acquaintance of mine recently told me that he had found a great plan through Prudential that acts as an investment plan, so what he does is pay nearly $400/month for health insurance, but he gets a large chunk of it back at the end of 10 years if he only uses such and such a percentage of it.

This kind of thing sounds very interesting to me. Unfortunately, I`ve since fallen out of contact with this friend so I was hoping someone around here would be able to offer me some sort of advice on something like this. Really, is this sort of thing even plausible?

Thank you for your patience and I look forward to any replies.
It would be better to take your money while you are healthy and place it in a wooden box in a hole in the ground for ten years. In the state I come from Enron took a toll on the retirement program for the state and all it takes is one dishonest investing agent to send your hard earned money to a Swiss bank Account. There will be scandal and intrigue all over the place, but the result will be that the only one who gets recourse will be the lawyers. Not even the doctors get out with anything if the client or patient can not pay.

Closed Thread