It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2007, 03:58 PM   #1
(male)

mrcool812 HB User
Just slipped on ice

I just slipped on ice and fell flat on my back coming out of a convenience store today. I already have a bad back and think I need to get x-rays done. I'm not sure what kind of damage I could have done to my already bad back. What steps should I take to cover myself financially? I'm not trying to fake anything just to get some quick money but I'm not going to just let it go and hope for the best. I did have a witness and I got her car license number so I can find her if needed. The storeowner says they have outside cameras so it should show my fall. (It knocked the wind out of me). Does anyone think that they would try to erase the tapes or make them disappear? Any legal advice would be greatly appreciated to make sure that I don't screw myself up and have residual effects later with no recourse because to much time has gone by.

The following user gives a hug of support to mrcool812:
Kayla101 (10-23-2010)
Old 01-16-2007, 08:52 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User
Re: Just slipped on ice

mrcool----I slipped on the ice about 3 years ago in my emploers parking lot at 5:30 in the morning on my way into work. had a concussion for almost 3 months and some neck pain. kept telling the dr.s it wasn't just my head that my neck hurt. 3 years later I am out of work because of a badly damamged neck that started with the whiplash effect from whacking my head. don't leave a stone unturned. you never know what will pop up down the road.

ICC

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2007, 11:33 AM   #3
(male)

mrcool812 HB User
Re: Just slipped on ice

I got some x-rays and it didn't show anything new. Just the same old problems. I talked to a couple of lawyers and they told me to forget it. Having pre-existing back problems complicates any legal issues. No one would even talk to me about it. I would think that the chances of permanent injuries and long term issues would be worsened by pre-existing neck and back problems. I have a hard time walking sometimes because of my back, neck, hips, and knees.
At the expense of looking like a total idiot, I slipped again in my own driveway today and fell on my butt. It wasn't a hard fall but I could feel the shock and pain from the jolt all the way up my spine immediately. It hurt way more than my first fall, landing flat on my back. I'm not too sure I should tell my pain doc that I slipped twice on the ice. I'm starting to believe that he doesn't take my pain as seriously as I, which is really aggravating. I actually haven't driven but 2 or 3 times in the last few months because I can't turn my neck to see who is behind or beside me. When I tell him that my pain is affecting my entire life, he doesn't really react. I don't understand. I find it very hard to disagree with him for fear of him firing me or reducing my pain medication.
Wow, talk about getting off the subject.... Sorry about that. I guess I just needed to vent.

Closed Thread