It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2007, 05:20 PM   #1
(male)

warlock HB User
approval letter

Today i received my fully favorable letter ,can someone tell me the normal waiting time on the benefit letter .Also i live in Georgia,signed up for direct deposit.If ssa is not to backed-up will my check come before the next letter.

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: warlock
ferd144 (11-30-2011), jgrangran (11-29-2011), PanicAttacker (11-28-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2007, 07:04 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

CFD 333 HB User
Re: approvial letter

You should be getting everything within the next couple of weeks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2007, 07:34 PM   #3
(female)

craniopt HB User

congrats on the approval

Old 08-06-2007, 10:53 AM   #4
(female)

kattydid52 HB User

Hi We also live in georgia.It took my husband about 6 weeks to get his first monthly check,but it took until march of this year to get any back pay.(which was 5 months after approval letter came.Georgia seems to be one of those sates that dont get in any hurry.I know we called them every week til it came.Good luck and Godbless

Old 11-28-2011, 09:25 PM   #5
(female)

Lynnpren HB User

My lawyer called me today and said I am FULLY FAVORABLE for SSD now I wait for the letter and can anyone please tell me what is next and how long it will take before I get a check, Ive been waiting for 21 month. Had my hearing Oct 5th. FINALLY APPROVED! God Is Good~

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: Lynnpren
ferd144 (11-30-2011), jgrangran (11-29-2011), NElady (11-28-2011)
Old 11-28-2011, 11:02 PM   #6
(female)

NVflower HB UserNVflower HB UserNVflower HB UserNVflower HB User

Congrats!

If you have already gotten your approval letter, things start flowing pretty quickly from there. Flowing is a bit liberal of a term. Nothing seems smooth about it to me. Anyway, now is the time to make sure and file for SSDI auxiliary payments if you have minor children. File for SSI. Get your direct deposit set up and investigate Medicare options, plans, etc. You will not get a retro payment until they have paid your attorney (if you had one) and had your SSI claim (if you do this) filed and adjudicated (processed).

SSI may pay faster than SSDI if you qualify however, if you will not qualify after you start receiving SSDI payments, and would not qualified for SSI had you started receiving SSDI the day you applied, then SS will take the SSI payments made to you, back out of your retro payment less 5 months.

You can also get an application for assistance with your Medicare premium on the SS website or their offices.

This is the stage I'm at and without the advice of some people here, I would have never known to file for auxiliary benefits. I have no idea how much time I have to choose a Medicare plan, am still trying to figure out parts A, B, C and everything else.

Just to note, if you are on Medicaid or your dependents are, this may put a stick in that wheel. The calculations they use to determine income are weird and do vary by state (I think), but it is possible you or they, will be disqualified for Medicaid. It's scary, but I am hoping it all works out in the long run.

Additionally, if you are receiving food stamps or other assistance, you might also be disqualified from those programs. Be prepared, don't be shocked and don't try to make sense of it because frankly, they're system makes no sense at all to me.

If you remain qualified for Medicaid (good thing) your Medicare part B premium will be paid by them. There are also programs that lacking full Medicaid coverage, will cover the premium, co-insurance, and deductibles.

There are also Medicare counselors to help you determine which plan is right for you. Look for SHIP on the Medicare site.

I'm not sure what you are getting or not, but thought I'd throw that info out there for you. I am just finding out all this myself.

Again, congrats.

The Following User Says Thank You to NVflower For This Useful Post:
Lynnpren (12-02-2011)
Old 11-29-2011, 11:01 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

Congrats warlock. Was the fully favorable for SSI or SSDI? I am on SSDI. After I got my approval letter, I received my backpay about a month and a half afterwards, then received my notice of award letter about a week after that, and I then received my 1st monthly benefit about a week after the notice of award. It was on the 4th Wednesday of that month. YMMV as they say when it comes to the SSA. Things may not happen in the same order for you as they did for me but they will happen eventually Warlock. Just be patient a little bit longer....easier said than done I know. Again, congrats.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:04 PM   #8
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnpren View Post
My lawyer called me today and said I am FULLY FAVORABLE for SSD now I wait for the letter and can anyone please tell me what is next and how long it will take before I get a check, Ive been waiting for 21 month. Had my hearing Oct 5th. FINALLY APPROVED! God Is Good~
Congradulations Be sure to have your bank information on file so they can directly deposit your backpay and monthly benefits, sometimes you will see a deposit made before recieving the decision letter in the mail , so keep checking your bank account. I am very happy for you , 21 months is a long time to wait.

The following user gives a hug of support to mscat40:
Lynnpren (12-01-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to mscat40 For This Useful Post:
Lynnpren (12-01-2011)
Old 11-29-2011, 06:03 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

Yea'''' Congrats.

The Following User Says Thank You to jgrangran For This Useful Post:
Lynnpren (12-01-2011)
Old 12-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #10
(female)

Lynnpren HB User
Talking Re: approval letter

UPDATE: SSD, got all my bank info and everything else they needed. I am fully favorable so I will get the max benifits, But most of all he said I should start watching my bank acct. as soon as monday! Thank You Jesus! After the hearing Oct. 5th. everything just took off. Thanks to all hugs and support.

The following user gives a hug of support to Lynnpren:
jgrangran (12-01-2011)
Old 12-01-2011, 01:29 PM   #11
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User
Re: approval letter

Huge congrats Lynnpren. Thanks for sharing the good news. We are all happy whenever someone finally gets approved after this very exhaustive, lengthy process.

The Following User Says Thank You to BlueSkies14 For This Useful Post:
Lynnpren (12-01-2011)
Old 12-01-2011, 01:51 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User
Re: approval letter

FYI Bluesskies warlock was approved way back 2007 thats an old post LOL, And again Congrat on things going so fast on your ssdi lynnpen

The Following User Says Thank You to jgrangran For This Useful Post:
Lynnpren (12-01-2011)
Closed Thread