It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2008, 04:57 PM   #1
(male)

Jscw66 HB User
How long does it take to recieved ALJ decision?

Hello everyone,

I am new to the board. I had my hearing before the ALJ on March 6, 2008. I was denied intial and reconsideration stages My attorney think we did well now we waiting for decision.

My question is how long does it take to recieved ALJ decision after the hearing?. It has been 3 weeks and heard nothing.

thanks for listening .

Old 04-01-2008, 05:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User
Re: How long does it take to recieved ALJ decision?

My ALJ hearing was on March 17 and I received my approval letter on April 29. I think that was 6 weeks later which my lawyer thought that was good because it can take up to 2 months to get your approval letter. I hope you receive good news. Also if you signed up for direct deposit you should receive your back pay within a few weeks. In fact, I received my back pay which was directly deposited before I received my letter stating when I would receive it. I wish you good luck and hope you get approved.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2008, 08:38 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

My ALJ hearing was on Jan 3, 2006...My fully favorable letter was stamped Jan 27, 2006 and I received it around the 1st of Feb. I've heard, however, that the process is slightly longer now. I do think they try to send them out ASAP and you'll probably hear something around the 5-6 week mark. I'd be surprised if it took 2 full months.

Good luck!

Ex

Old 04-01-2008, 02:19 PM   #4
(male)

Jscw66 HB User

Thanks guys for the replies they have been very helpful. I was just anxious to know how long it will take to recieved ALJ decision so I can go on with my life. All this waiting is driven me a liitle impatient. I will try a little longer to be more patient agian.

I just hoping and praying this time I will get approved. So hopeful this month of April 2008 i should have my letter. Keep your finger crossed and hope for good news. I will keep everyone posted as soon as my letter arrives.

Take care
Jscw66

Old 04-17-2008, 04:20 PM   #5
(male)

Jscw66 HB User
Smile Re: How long does it take to recieved ALJ decision?

I spoke with my attorney on monday 4/14/08. he says my file is with decision writers and to check back at the end of April 2008. This crazy. that is two months. why does it take long for appeal decision. So that will be 8 weeks since I had hearing. I wanted to hear from anybody who has gotten approvial or denial. My attorney says it can go either way. I am working part-time I am afraid judge going to use that agianst me. i only work 4 hrs a day 20 hrs a week since Jan 2007. If I didn't had this little job I would be homeless or in shelter. I can barely make it on what I making.now.

I had no choice. i loss my house, car, savings , my ultities bills behinds and credits cards max out.Adding that unable to pay for medication or doctor vsit. I been seeking treatment at mental health since 2004. my doctor told theses folks I am disabled. and my medical records sustained that.

My mother passed away,my 2 aunts and 1 uncle also passed away last year. It just devasting. I am very lonely I am having sucide thought lately. I don't how handle this siutation. I wanted to hear from anybody who knows how it feels and going through alot and can't get any help from SSA.
this is unfair and cruel. I had went through the process a long time. I wanted this resolve so I can move on .

I wanted hear from anybody with their thoughs and feelings. Thanks for listening.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:53 PM   #6
(female)

dphelps HB User

Hello, just wanted to say I know how you feel.I had my hearing Jan. 18th, 2008. Three months tomorrow. Hearing office told me it went to the writers on April 10th.I am in Indiana. Would love to hear from anyone that may know how long it is with the writer and then what happens? Any ideas on how much longer before I just hear Somethinggg?About to go crazy just waiting.Hope you hear something sooner than I have...

Old 04-19-2008, 08:25 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscw66 View Post
I am working part-time I am afraid judge going to use that agianst me. i only work 4 hrs a day 20 hrs a week since Jan 2007. If I didn't had this little job I would be homeless or in shelter. I can barely make it on what I making.now.

I had no choice. i loss my house, car, savings , my ultities bills behinds and credits cards max out.Adding that unable to pay for medication or doctor vsit. I been seeking treatment at mental health since 2004. my doctor told theses folks I am disabled. and my medical records sustained that.
I will pray for you and I truly hope you receive what you deserve. To be very honest, I think the whole SS system is flawed. This is exactly what they want....They string people out on purpose so either they get frustrated and quit, or they are forced to work and then use that against them. Because you have such good medical records and good Docs behind you, your case should be approved. Hopefully, either you or your Doc told the judge why you were working part time.

Best of luck to you, and please report back so we will know how it goes.

Ex

Old 04-20-2008, 09:40 AM   #8
(female)

robink1954 HB User

I know the stress you are feeling!! I had my hearing on Feb 20, 2008. I'm still waiting. There is no rhyme or reason to this system at all. Many people get paid before they get the approval letter. None of it makes any sense.
I have researched some on why. The only thing I have found is that President Bush has not done us any favors in fixing this problem, in fact he has made it worse by denying the funds for extra help to take care of this backlog. I was a republican until I had to file for disability, well no more!!!!
We just have to be patient and wait, we have no other choice.
Hang in there.

Old 04-20-2008, 09:41 AM   #9
(male)

Jscw66 HB User
Smile Re: How long does it take to recieved ALJ decision?

Thanks Ex for your reply. I will really need some support now. I am just so tried of waiting for this entire SSA processed it has been since October 2004 since I apply. i was denied twice on the inital and reconsideration. I had two hearings one hearing in 2006. I had a bad judge that didn't believed I was disabled when I told him and had all my records to prove it. This bad judge had me investigated and didn't find anything the report was inconclusive. while waiting for the decision judge 15 months later SSA fired this judge#1and told by attorney this judge#1 was being investigate and he did some illegal activites. after all that time my file as sitting there at OHA. finally my file was assigned to new judge and I had a new hearing on March 6, 2008 and my attorney said it went well. i told and explained to judge I didn't expect to be her e I work ever since I was 17. I love to work. I wanted to work but things happened to me within 5 years that change my life drastic. I was an healthy, engertic person. now I am so depressed, anixiety , tired long, suffer mentally and physically conditions. I suffer so much loss since I apply. My mother, my two aunts, 1 uncle all died last year. I had 4 funerals. I had overdose and tried to kill myself now. I want the pain to go away.
I k eep going to the cemetary twice a week which not good and my doctors says they don't understand the SSA system when time you need them the most. and you paid in that. They bad and very cruel to people.

Especiallylike me I should of been approved on the 1st stage in the very beginning.

The SSA don't care that people need help and they are very ill and they loss evreything that had tried to maintained. It is a cruel world.

I hope working part-time will not hurt me. I had circuminstances I need to fullfilled. I am entitled and everybody going this ugly nightmare deseved the benefis .

I spoke with my attorney on 4/15/08. He says my case is with decision writers and give it two more weeks so the end of April call him back for the status. he says it can go either way, judge might denied me because I am working part-time. what do you supposed do when your claim been pending for 3 years. you have to live and survived.

I HOPE TO GOD TO HEAR SOME GOOD NEWS. I hope everything I told the judge and ALL MEDICAL RECORDS UP TO NOW will be suifficent enought.

Thanks for listening.

I will let everybody know something soon. I wish everybody luck going this process.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:02 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robink1954 View Post
I was a republican until I had to file for disability, well no more!!!!
That makes two of us.

Ex

Old 04-21-2008, 02:10 PM   #11
(female)

lynn31326 HB User
Question Re: How long does it take to recieved ALJ decision?

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT

Well You and I are in the same boat. I had my hearing March 26, 2008 in Savannah, Ga. I have first applied April 2004. I knew I was going to denied the first and 2nd time when the women working on my case said "you are young" But, From what I have been reading, Since the voc expert testified that I could not do any past work, Nor was there any other jobs that I could do. The biggest wall I have to get across is my age, I'm only 37. So I will see, I swear I think people are watching me and what I do all day, (they do not see much) My doctor says it's all in my head My lawyer says this ALJ gives his answer in about 30 days. I have a feeling it will be longer, I'll tell you why.

I know about 4 years ago I heard Savannah's ALJ all come from the Atlanta area. Once I called in my child's case, and when I called Atlanta the Judge answered the phone and talked to me. She was very nice, My little girls was getting SSI, but while she was getting it, her father died and she was getting benefits from his record, which the judge explained to me was more than what she was getting in SSI. So she sent me some papers to sign stating she could not get SSI b/c her income was to high

So Have you heard anything yet?

Last edited by lynn31326; 04-21-2008 at 02:20 PM. Reason: wanted to add more info

Old 04-21-2008, 02:24 PM   #12
(male)

Jscw66 HB User

Hi,
My hearing was on Mach 6 2008 at Atlanta Hearing Office. Georgia
I talk with my attorney on 4/15/08. He says my case is with the decision writers. give it 2 more weeks. Hopefully by the end of April. He also says the judge may go either way because I am working part time and depends on how much I am making. which is not much. He says we will cross that bridge when it comes. I hope the judge understand my testiomony at the hearing and see all my medical records are consistent. I hope and pray this will be good news for me. I hope you and everybody hear some good news. SSA likes to see us suffer and suffer without any concerns. Thanks for listening.

Old 04-21-2008, 04:45 PM   #13
(female)

lynn31326 HB User

Quote:
Hi,
My hearing was on Mach 6 2008 at Atlanta Hearing Office. Georgia
I talk with my attorney on 4/15/08. He says my case is with the decision writers. give it 2 more weeks. Hopefully by the end of April. He also says the judge may go either way because I am working part time and depends on how much I am making. which is not much. He says we will cross that bridge when it comes. I hope the judge understand my testiomony at the hearing and see all my medical records are consistent. I hope and pray this will be good news for me. I hope you and everybody hear some good news. SSA likes to see us suffer and suffer without any concerns. Thanks for listening.
From what I have been reading once it's in the writers' phase, then a the judge has already given his ruling, Some one else writes it up (writers) and then sends it back to the judge so he can sign off. I'll be honest I am afraid to call my lawyer to ask for a update, I do not want bad news.
keep me posted, Hang in there!

Old 04-21-2008, 05:08 PM   #14
(male)

Jscw66 HB User

Me too. I have decide not to call my lawyer next week. I will let nature run its course. I am praying to god I will get a favorable decision.If not i will keep fighting I know I have a really strong case. I can't give up. I want to but I not gone to let those SSA get the best of me.

I am depressed already and have other illness. SSA is terrible and cruelty. Since judge already made his ruling . I will have to face what happens next. I never understand why so many people get approved quickier then people who has been waiting for years. Do you know why?

Old 04-21-2008, 05:20 PM   #15
(female)

lynn31326 HB User

Quote:
Me too. I have decide not to call my lawyer next week. I will let nature run its course. I am praying to god I will get a favorable decision.If not i will keep fighting I know I have a really strong case. I can't give up. I want to but I not gone to let those SSA get the best of me.

I am depressed already and have other illness. SSA is terrible and cruelty. Since judge already made his ruling . I will have to face what happens next. I never understand why so many people get approved quickier then people who has been waiting for years. Do you know why?
I have no clue, A good friend of mines who lives in NYC was denied twice and got a hearing and a favorable ruling in 1 year time. Here i am waiting since 2004. A women I know got hers first time around. I was wondering if they just wanted to go home that day, and checked yes.

You should be hearing something soon. My lawyer is from atlanta, and he was telling me about the backlog, and how they are catching up.

Have you or anyone else heard about not getting your back money all at once, but in three payments six months apart or over a 6 month period?

Closed Thread