It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2009, 11:05 AM   #1
(female)

sosickofthis HB User
need help again

i've been told i was approved i just need to wait on my letter from the judge. how do they determine how far back i was disabeld. my problems started 18 years ago when i was in a bad car wreck. but i continued working being fired from every job i ever had for eventually not being able to do it. i began part time work in march 06 thinking that would be better. but ended up fired oct 08 for not being able to perfrom my duties thats when i chose to go the disabilitiy route,probably the last few years in when its gotten unbearable.i loved working and its been awful realizing i just can't do it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2009, 12:22 PM   #2
(female)

Alexa3 HB User
Re: need help again

It won't be 18 years, what did you write down when you applied? Probably Oct 08

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2009, 03:25 PM   #3
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosickofthis View Post
i've been told i was approved i just need to wait on my letter from the judge. how do they determine how far back i was disabeld. my problems started 18 years ago when i was in a bad car wreck. but i continued working being fired from every job i ever had for eventually not being able to do it. i began part time work in march 06 thinking that would be better. but ended up fired oct 08 for not being able to perfrom my duties thats when i chose to go the disabilitiy route,probably the last few years in when its gotten unbearable.i loved working and its been awful realizing i just can't do it.
It will depend on the date that you filed your claim. If you have any of your Social Security Statements look on the most recent one , and it will tell you everything you need to know. If you have enough work credits and became diasbled right now, this is how much Social Security would pay you. However, if you had not worked enough , and obtained the work credits , then you would be looking at recieving SSI.
Also, if you have been fighting to win you claim for a long time, and then become approved , Social security will send a letter out to you and it will have a date on the letter > Date of disability. Then it will have in detail how much backpay you are entitled to.

Old 09-03-2009, 07:15 PM   #4
(female)

sosickofthis HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa3 View Post
It won't be 18 years, what did you write down when you applied? Probably Oct 08
oh i wouldn't expect it to be 18years i think i did give oct 08 as the date because thats when i was fired from my last job, i read that they may go back 12 months before that. how will i get on my 2 minor children? is it half of what i get for both of them (not each of them)

Old 09-03-2009, 08:05 PM   #5
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

Quote:
oh i wouldn't expect it to be 18years i think i did give oct 08 as the date because thats when i was fired from my last job, i read that they may go back 12 months before that. how will i get on my 2 minor children? is it half of what i get for both of them (not each of them)
When my SSDI was won, it took a little time after that , to have my son began recieving benefits off my record. It was close to half of I recieve , but not that much. I don't know how it works for 2 children. Social Security will just need information on the children , birth certificate , and their SS. numbers. Also, if you do recieve backpay for yourself, then your children will be entitled for back pay too. Keep in mind that this is for SSDI disability claims only. You will recieve your backpay, then your children will recieve theirs separately. For my son, his came a little later then mine.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:53 AM   #6
(female)

sharri123 HB User

Quote:
They basically go by your doctors records when you began seeing a doctor and stopped working. I know because they screwed me out of my back pay because my doctors in CA did not write anything down in their file. They went only by the other doctors I had seen two months prior to my claim here in TX. So instead of one year back pay, they gave me 2 months back pay. I could have fought it, but I did not want to rock the boat of approval or wait any longer. Hope this helps.

Old 11-29-2011, 12:40 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

Congrats on your approval

Old 11-29-2011, 12:44 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

Hi Sharri...welcome to healthboards. You mean you saw a doc in CA and he wrote nothing down in your medical file? Doctors have to keep medical records, don't they? Just as a doctor can't practice medicine without a license, I think keeping medical records is a requisite.

The Following User Says Thank You to BlueSkies14 For This Useful Post:
MOnsterpete (11-29-2011)
Old 11-29-2011, 01:16 PM   #9
(female)

sharri123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies14 View Post
Hi Sharri...welcome to healthboards. You mean you saw a doc in CA and he wrote nothing down in your medical file? Doctors have to keep medical records, don't they? Just as a doctor can't practice medicine without a license, I think keeping medical records is a requisite.
Yes, but they didn't know enough about the agent of virus so he only wrote about other things I went to him for which were all a part of my illness. Like eye infection, ears etc. Nothing said about the chronic condition my doctors at Sripps research wrote about like the chronic fevers etc.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:02 PM   #10
(female)

Quote:
When I was approved for SSDI I had to go down to our local field office and talk to a social security rep. Bring the kids social security cards , birth certifficates , so they can process the kids benefits For SSDI the kids will get half the amount you recieve each month and it is split between them. Once a child reaches 18 the other child will get half of what you recieve each month. The children will also get backpay , my son did off my record.

Closed Thread