It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2011, 09:59 AM   #1
(female)

Loriekay HB User
Unhappy Reconsideration with new evidence Mass

I am in the reconsideration phase of my SSDI. the MD they sent me to was a quack. Didn't even have a sign on his door, just a piece of paper.
anyway. Last week I got a letter from the state of Massachusetts AFDC..welfare basically saying I am deemed disabled and unable to work. At first i was supposed to go to their Md but they sent me that second letter less than three days later. I have a panic disorder that numbs the left side of body and I fall down and can't breath. Severe depression, bi polar and rage...blinding rage....I'm on 5 meds just to get me through the day and i'm agraphobic. I dont leave the house.
My question. will that letter from the state of Mass disabilty for AFDC help my reconsideration. the town office said they are fast tracking it. I'm so sick of being treated like a dog by these people.
That first md said I was "just a little bit nervous". yeah that's why i flipped out in his office which had to be on my street because i refused to go any further.
What do you think my chances are and should I get an attorney? That letter holds a lot of weight. State disability board would only give me benefits if I prove I'm disabled. I did to them. Now i have to wait for SSDI and another not so nice man who doesn't know me from Eve.

The following user gives a hug of support to Loriekay:
jgrangran (11-28-2011)
Old 11-28-2011, 10:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User
Re: Reconsideration with new evidence Mass

I'm glad at least the state gave you disability, SSDI is very hard to get and I would this day and time with so many people filing get a lawyer. You might not have to wait like so many do but then again you might. Just know it can be a long process I sure hope they do fast tract it for you. Please keep us posted and we are here if you need to talk. I know others will post so please keep checking back. Take care. My prayers are with you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2011, 02:27 PM   #3
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

I think the letter may help support your claim of disability. See if you can get a copy of it and send it to social security. When I was in the process of filing for SSDI I had to go on welfare , in the state of California they had parents have to take part in either working or finding work in order to recieve beneifts. My Dr. wrote a letter and it said I was not able to participate in the program at this time , it was good enough to cover me from having to do so while waiting for SSDI to be approved. I did not use it though , probably did not think about it .
Some people will wait until they are denied twice , and then get a Lawyer. Be sure to get a Lawyer who specializes in social security claims only. they will only get paid if you win your claim. If you had new medical evidence during the reconsideration phase it will help you be approved at this level. It is not a high precentage of applicants who are apprved during the reconsideration level, however at the hearing stage more applicants are approved then any other level.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:30 PM   #4
(female)

Loriekay HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscat40 View Post
I think the letter may help support your claim of disability. See if you can get a copy of it and send it to social security. When I was in the process of filing for SSDI I had to go on welfare , in the state of California they had parents have to take part in either working or finding work in order to recieve beneifts. My Dr. wrote a letter and it said I was not able to participate in the program at this time , it was good enough to cover me from having to do so while waiting for SSDI to be approved. I did not use it though , probably did not think about it .
Some people will wait until they are denied twice , and then get a Lawyer. Be sure to get a Lawyer who specializes in social security claims only. they will only get paid if you win your claim. If you had new medical evidence during the reconsideration phase it will help you be approved at this level. It is not a high precentage of applicants who are apprved during the reconsideration level, however at the hearing stage more applicants are approved then any other level.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:42 PM   #5
(female)

Loriekay HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscat40 View Post

I did sent it in immediately...and of course...THEY LOST IT....So i sent it into the main office to the man in charge of my case directly and the man who took my application. I just got the letter a week ago so this is a big plus that the STATE deemed me disabled...now i have to wait for another state employee to approve it. When i call, god they are so rude. Not the worker himself but the operators.. guess i know where the DMV workers went when it all went automated. I was also put on resperidole for rage. a blinding rage..like i get so angry i literally cant see then five seconds later i'm fine but have a headache.
I saw my psychiatrist today. he was so angry at the shrink they sent me too he called him. ANGRY!!! In the letter i got..the denial of money i paid into the system for 30 years....it said.oh she's just a little bit nervous..yeah after 60 angry calls bet he is too!!! I filed a formal complaint against him. The case was RED FLAGGED as i was told today. I just pray that letter from Umass disability for TAFDC that enabled me to get benefits really is the key. I have a two year old so i dont have to qualify to work for three years in Mass so i'm a little surprised they sent me that letter to begin with.
PS. everyone in my family except me is an attorney. they dont think i need one now. fingers crossed.

Last edited by Loriekay; 11-28-2011 at 07:44 PM. Reason: addition to advice.

The following user gives a hug of support to Loriekay:
jgrangran (11-29-2011)
Old 11-29-2011, 03:45 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

Loriekay, If your getting legal advice thats great I mean Family lawyers thats great. I hope you can get this issue resolved so you can move to the ssdi case. Good Luck and hope everything goes smoothley for you for a change. We will be here if you need any extra support. Welcome to this board. Again I'm sorry you had to go thru that process of people being rude. SSDI people in my opioion are not rude just really sometimes don't know what they are doing, eighter like losing stuff, extreme long wait for responses, never getting to talk to the right person, and that is why I think if you had a lawyer that just deals with ssdi cases they can take some of the headache away and let you know what they received and what they need to do to keep your case moving along. but its a long wait very long wait. Just know you can come here anytime and people will try to help. Have A Great Day,

Closed Thread