It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2011, 08:28 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

vann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB User
US Postal Service

Now it's not bad enough that it takes along time to here anything from the ssa, now starting this spring any letters from ssa will take longer to get.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2011, 08:34 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User
Re: US Postal Service

I wish they would just do everything electronically for those who have computers and wish to eliminate all paper. I get all my credit card statements, phone bills, cable bills, etc. electronically. I always go 100% paperless unless that option isn't available.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2011, 11:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

I really think in the years to come they will go completey paper less it is just a matter of time.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:27 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

vann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrangran View Post
I really think in the years to come they will go completey paper less it is just a matter of time.
That means everyone will have to have a computer or cellphone or a tablet and a wifi connection witch I doubt because if you can't even pay for basics to live on while waiting how can you have a way to recive anything from the ssa.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:25 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

I know most public libraries have computers and internet connectivity that the public can use for free if all you wanna do is check things every once in a while. The computer hardware is dirt cheap nowadays and getting cheaper. It is the service that most ppl can not afford. You can also still get dial up connection for $9.95 / month. It will be slow but for basic internet stuff like checking your e-mail, downloading bill statements and paying for things, this is more than adequate.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:27 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrangran View Post
I agree. I think eventually, they might even do away with paper currency.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:33 PM   #7
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

it took overtwo months for my son to get anything in the mail from S.S . Changes had already been done and it reflected in bank atatements. But, it took a long time to get anything in the mail this time. I do not know why it took so long, but it did. I thought they were still figuring out things so I did nto worry too much, and was surprised to see the letters in the mail. If the inforamtion was already there it would have been a lot easier to just ******** it and pring then to have waited this long.

Old 12-06-2011, 03:14 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies14 View Post
I know most public libraries have computers and internet connectivity that the public can use for free if all you wanna do is check things every once in a while. The computer hardware is dirt cheap nowadays and getting cheaper. It is the service that most ppl can not afford. You can also still get dial up connection for $9.95 / month. It will be slow but for basic internet stuff like checking your e-mail, downloading bill statements and paying for things, this is more than adequate.
The thing is that allot of city's have closed libraries to save money, an some people can't afford the devices to connect to the web. This whole thing is really getting out of controll.

Old 12-06-2011, 03:24 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

pupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB User

C'mon Vann- name one city that has closed it's library. You are just rabble-rousing.

Most of the low income people I worked with had smart phones anyway.

My town of 6500 just built a brand new $4 million library. (in the middle of BFE- next largest town 45min away)

Pup

Old 12-06-2011, 03:48 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pupcake View Post
C'mon Vann- name one city that has closed it's library. You are just rabble-rousing.

Most of the low income people I worked with had smart phones anyway.

My town of 6500 just built a brand new $4 million library. (in the middle of BFE- next largest town 45min away)

Pup
Pontiac Michigan and Benton Harber Michigan the state of Michigan took over when they went bankrupt they laid off all there police and fire dept. closed all of there libraries laid off the whole non essential workers the sheriff dept took over for the police and fire dept. is all volunteer now. Sorry pup but you are wrong city's are cutting budgets big time and people are not going to the libraries like they use to because of the web. The city of chicago is closeing quite a few of ther's also,plus the state of Michigan is going to look at Detroit's finances's they might be taken over by the state also. Not every city is doing that well Michigan was hit the hardest by the economy and Michigan has had the highest unemployment in the country the longest that's why libraries and other services have been closed.

Last edited by vann04; 12-06-2011 at 04:20 PM.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:00 PM   #11
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

I only pay $14.95 a month for high speed internet service. I live in a smal Rural town , we do have a public library and most days it is full of people using the internet , the next small town close to us has a bigger library that is always full of internet users .I have used thse library's when I needed to print something , my printer is out of ink , and it is cheaper to go there to print. The only thing you have to be careful about is deleting all personal information off these public computors.

Last edited by mscat40; 12-06-2011 at 06:01 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 12-06-2011, 06:15 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies14 View Post
I agree. I think eventually, they might even do away with paper currency.
Hey blue Canada is starting to use plastic currency it looks like real money and if you ever seen Canadian paper bills they are more colorfull than the US they have a picture of the queen of England on there paper bills. I'm from Michigan the Detroit area right across the detroit river was Windsor Ontario .

Closed Thread