It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #1
(female)

pme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB User
Invoice from Attorney

It sure didn't take my attorney long to send me a bill! I just got approved last week, and today got the invoice for $372 (for medical records and misc. fees). I knew up front there would be some charges not included in their fee that will come out of my backpay. But this seems kind of high. They're going to have to be ok with waiting until I get my first check or backpay though.

Anybody else get a bill that high?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User
Re: Invoice from Attorney

Yep, yep, That happened to me also. I made them wait for my backpay also. They let my husband when he filled wait so I thought that wouldn't be a problem I was wrong they sent me a second bill with stronger words I just called them and told them that I thought I could wait until my back pay they said that wasn't the agreement. Well I won at the recon. stage and it was only 90.00 dollars extra I had to pay, I am the one that sent off for my medical records and made copies and gave it to them. I knew there would also be an extra fee. but really your amount seeems a lot. Glad you got approved what a releif. with that amount you should be able to wait.

The Following User Says Thank You to jgrangran For This Useful Post:
pme (02-02-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2012, 03:14 PM   #3
(male)

Slaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB UserSlaughter1984 HB User

They told me I would incur fees but when they sent my bill it said I owed zero because I paid for my medical records I did as much leg work as possible. I was and an still in a dire needs so I wonder if they were being nice.... I found out today they received their attorneys fees 2 weeks ago

Old 02-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #4
(male)

PanicAttacker HB UserPanicAttacker HB UserPanicAttacker HB UserPanicAttacker HB UserPanicAttacker HB UserPanicAttacker HB UserPanicAttacker HB UserPanicAttacker HB User

I got a bill from my Lawyer too..Personally, I think they have some nerve charginging me for those thing after she just got $5800.00 from my backpay...I'm mulling whether to pay it or not.

Old 02-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

ferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pme View Post
It sure didn't take my attorney long to send me a bill! I just got approved last week, and today got the invoice for $372 (for medical records and misc. fees). I knew up front there would be some charges not included in their fee that will come out of my backpay. But this seems kind of high. They're going to have to be ok with waiting until I get my first check or backpay though.

Was their a fee schedule discussed/or in writing prior to approval?It seems some attorneys bill clients for these costs,(which I hate) based on many variables.And that cost might be based on the $6K max they can charge.Don't stress over it ,and confirm it with the firm..........and then pay them when you can afford to IMO.

As much as it might "stink"........think of the fact that you were APPROVED,and prior to that day,you would have EASILY paid $372 for a fully favorable decision

Just trying to put a better light on it

Ferd144

Last edited by ferd144; 02-02-2012 at 04:14 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to ferd144 For This Useful Post:
NElady (02-03-2012)
Old 02-02-2012, 04:18 PM   #6
(female)

pme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferd144 View Post
Was their a fee schedule discussed/or in writing prior to approval?It seems some attorneys bill clients for these costs,(which I hate) based on many variables.And that cost might be based on the $6K max they can charge.Don't stress over it ,and confirm it with the firm..........and then pay them when you can afford to IMO.

As much as it might "stink"........think of the fact that you were APPROVED,and prior to that day,you would have EASILY paid $372 for a fully favorable decision

Just trying to put a better light on it

Ferd144
We talked about it at my first meeting, they didn't have a fee schedule that they showed me, just said there would be extra costs for obtaining medical records, copies, postage..things like that. It just kind of surprised me when I saw the amount. But I will give them a call and see if they are ok with me paying when I get my first check. And yes, you're right, it's worth it to be approved - definitely!

The following user gives a hug of support to pme:
ferd144 (02-02-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to pme For This Useful Post:
MOnsterpete (02-02-2012)
Old 02-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #7
(male)

MOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB User

I really have no right to speak but if approved I would pay. BUT only after I have received my backpay. Just me but I'm with you 100% if that makes sense. Enjoy life

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MOnsterpete For This Useful Post:
BlueSkies14 (02-02-2012), ferd144 (02-03-2012)
Old 02-02-2012, 04:30 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

gayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB User

In the contract I signed, I did agree to pay any misc. fees that might occur, but I was never sent any kind of bill.

If I had received a bill, I would have paid it with a smile since I was approved and my attorney was so nice.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gayle428 For This Useful Post:
BlueSkies14 (02-02-2012), pme (02-02-2012)
Old 02-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pme View Post

No, I did not. Allsup eats all these misc. extra fees. That is what they told me. This stuff was probably mentioned in the fee agreement for representation you signed. Will your attorney get the max. $6K for representing you?

Old 02-02-2012, 05:53 PM   #10
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies14 View Post
No, I did not. Allsup eats all these misc. extra fees. That is what they told me. This stuff was probably mentioned in the fee agreement for representation you signed. Will your attorney get the max. $6K for representing you?
Yes, according to my calculations they should get the full $6000.

The Following User Says Thank You to pme For This Useful Post:
MOnsterpete (02-02-2012)
Closed Thread