It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2012, 07:54 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Jacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB User
Now I need advice...

OK.. ya'll got me thru the worse of this horrid SSD maze.. and I made it (yeah me!) (altho, my hair nearly all fell out.)

Since the judge deemed me disabled at the hearing, I imagine I still need the letter confirming his ruling. Atty said after hearing (last Tues) to call SS to give them my info for direct deposit - or wait for them to call you. Of course I chose to call them. They of course gave me bad info - without even asking for my SS#/name - I knew it as soon as she said it ("we can't set up your direct deposit in the system until you receive your 1st check, then we set it up.")

So advice -- do I need to wait for the letter confirming the ruling or should I attempt again, or is there something else you think I should do? Also, I wanted to check on what they said the monthly check will be.. I think I know, but of course I want to see just how smart I was in figuring that out.

Thanks again --
Happy Presidents Day

Seems like most everyone took a 3 day weekend.. could turn out to be a 4 day weekend. Board got slow -- perhaps that would be good -- with all the recent approvals.

Hugs

Old 02-20-2012, 08:02 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB User
Re: Now I need advice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacki345 View Post
OK.. ya'll got me thru the worse of this horrid SSD maze.. and I made it (yeah me!) (altho, my hair nearly all fell out.)

Since the judge deemed me disabled at the hearing, I imagine I still need the letter confirming his ruling. Atty said after hearing (last Tues) to call SS to give them my info for direct deposit - or wait for them to call you. Of course I chose to call them. They of course gave me bad info - without even asking for my SS#/name - I knew it as soon as she said it ("we can't set up your direct deposit in the system until you receive your 1st check, then we set it up.")

So advice -- do I need to wait for the letter confirming the ruling or should I attempt again, or is there something else you think I should do? Also, I wanted to check on what they said the monthly check will be.. I think I know, but of course I want to see just how smart I was in figuring that out.

Thanks again --
Happy Presidents Day

Seems like most everyone took a 3 day weekend.. could turn out to be a 4 day weekend. Board got slow -- perhaps that would be good -- with all the recent approvals.

Hugs
You can apply for Direct Deposit or DirectExpress(debit card) at any time.You DONT need the approval letter.In fact in my case it took almost two weeks from start to finish for D/E....so I would apply ASAP

GL,
Ferd144

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2012, 08:04 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

ferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacki345 View Post

Thanks again --
Happy Presidents Day

Hugs
You can apply for Direct Deposit or DirectExpress(debit card) at any time.You DONT need the approval letter.In fact in my case it took almost two weeks from start to finish for D/E....so I would apply ASAP

GL,
Ferd144

*** and your right Jacki.....its been awfully quiet the last few days.I hope everyone is OK?

The following user gives a hug of support to ferd144:
Jacki345 (02-20-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to ferd144 For This Useful Post:
Jacki345 (02-20-2012)
Old 02-20-2012, 09:02 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

BB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB User

wait until you have official letter in hand before you waste your time. because they then will have THE SAME info you have in your hand and you can refer to that letter-if you call again before you get your letter you will be told something else not helpful-i can guarrantee you that! congratulations! but wait for letter. you will still have plenty of time before first monies come.

Last edited by BB07; 02-20-2012 at 09:05 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to BB07:
Jacki345 (02-21-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to BB07 For This Useful Post:
Jacki345 (02-21-2012)
Old 02-20-2012, 10:09 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB07 View Post
wait until you have official letter in hand before you waste your time. because they then will have THE SAME info you have in your hand and you can refer to that letter-if you call again before you get your letter you will be told something else not helpful-i can guarrantee you that! congratulations! but wait for letter. you will still have plenty of time before first monies come.
I dont understand why it would be a waste of time?

In fact when applying for Direct Deposit or DirectExpress ......they still have to do an identity check/verification which takes anywhere from 7-10 days.

Obviously they can/will always mail a check for backpay/monthly payments.........but starting the process early saved me time,as well as aggravation ,and I didn't have to worry about my money being in "cyberspace-limbo". That is a nightmare,and have seen it happen to a few friends

You make a great point about talking to SSA on the phone being a complete waste of time for the most part.But due diligence and relentless pro-active action is always the best approach IMHO.I had to speak with 2-3 supervisors but it was done on time,and everything has run smoothly since.

GL,
Ferd144

The following user gives a hug of support to ferd144:
Jacki345 (02-21-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to ferd144 For This Useful Post:
Jacki345 (02-21-2012)
Old 02-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

vann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferd144 View Post
I dont understand why it would be a waste of time?

In fact when applying for Direct Deposit or DirectExpress ......they still have to do an identity check/verification which takes anywhere from 7-10 days.

Obviously they can/will always mail a check for backpay/monthly payments.........but starting the process early saved me time,as well as aggravation ,and I didn't have to worry about my money being in "cyberspace-limbo". That is a nightmare,and have seen it happen to a few friends

You make a great point about talking to SSA on the phone being a complete waste of time for the most part.But due diligence and relentless pro-active action is always the best approach IMHO.I had to speak with 2-3 supervisors but it was done on time,and everything has run smoothly since.

GL,
Ferd144
I would wait till they call you. Because then you know it will get done. Also when you get your temp password to sign up for online services you can check out all of your info, I always check mine you can see everything about your ssdi.

The following user gives a hug of support to vann04:
Jacki345 (02-21-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to vann04 For This Useful Post:
Jacki345 (02-21-2012)
Old 02-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

Its true each time you call ssa you get different answer each time they will send you a password to set up direct desposit I'm not sure when they send it and I do know they really want people to set it up. I thnking you will receive a letter telling you to go ahead to set it up. Your right the board is quiet. Good Luck on getting this part done. Let us know how this turns out as well it willl help the other also. Have A Good day.

The following user gives a hug of support to jgrangran:
Jacki345 (02-21-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to jgrangran For This Useful Post:
Jacki345 (02-21-2012)
Old 02-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #8
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

I you tried to doisover the phone calling the 1-800 number you will get a different person and a different reply each and every time. Their are some representatives that are extrememly helpful and know what to do and what thry are talking about,then their are other representatives who seem to can't wait to finish the converstaion. If you can get to your local social security office tommorow , i would go there first thing in the morning when they open so your wait time there will be limited. Have your information ready and they should be able to do it right from the computor. that is what I would do, since callling the 1-800 is so unrelieable.

The following user gives a hug of support to mscat40:
Jacki345 (02-21-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to mscat40 For This Useful Post:
Jacki345 (02-21-2012)
Old 02-21-2012, 11:10 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

I just read this. Congrats on the approval Jacki. I am really happy to hear this. I know when I initially applied for SSDI thru Allsup, they (Allsup) took all my banking info. from the outset. When I was finally approved for SSDI, all I had to do was wait for SS to deposit any funds. I wonder why some attorneys don't do this at the outset at the application level unless you don't have a bank account? You may have to wait now until you the approval letter before trying again. I would definitely try again after getting the approval letter. If you do nothing and wait, they will eventually call you requesting your banking info. but what if you miss the call or they leave a message for you to call them back which is always a PITA and more delays, delays, delays. How are you having the funds deposited Jacki? Direct deposit into your banking account or direct express to the debit master card?

Old 02-21-2012, 11:17 AM   #10
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscat40 View Post
I you tried to doisover the phone calling the 1-800 number you will get a different person and a different reply each and every time. Their are some representatives that are extrememly helpful and know what to do and what thry are talking about,then their are other representatives who seem to can't wait to finish the converstaion. If you can get to your local social security office tommorow , i would go there first thing in the morning when they open so your wait time there will be limited. Have your information ready and they should be able to do it right from the computor. that is what I would do, since callling the 1-800 is so unrelieable.
Yeah, I think this is a good idea but you might also wanna wait and have that approval letter in hand to take with you. I don't know of anyone (I think) who had funds deposited before the approval letter. Many do however receive monthly deposits and backpay before the award letter so I would definitely go down there with the approval letter in hand and tell them you want to give them your banking info. for direct deposit.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:17 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

I think Blueskies14, has a point make sure they have the information so nonthing gets missed, anyway bug them I know its sounds negtive (Sorry) but with want you have been thru make sure they will get that information I would keep calling until someone is wiling to take the information keep calling and really you get different people and I know eventually you will get someone who will help you. I know they will sent you a letter to get a password it will come hang in there.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #12
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vann04 View Post
I would wait till they call you. Because then you know it will get done. Also when you get your temp password to sign up for online services you can check out all of your info, I always check mine you can see everything about your ssdi.
Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think you can request a PRC (password request code) for online registration until they have made at least one deposit into your account (either backpay or a monthly payment). Vann is right. After you register, you can login and do things like submit address changes and change your bank account info. for direct deposit...anything to avoid the dreaded 1-800#

Old 02-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies14 View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think you can request a PRC (password request code) for online registration until they have made at least one deposit into your account (either backpay or a monthly payment). Vann is right. After you register, you can login and do things like submit address changes and change your bank account info. for direct deposit...anything to avoid the dreaded 1-800#
I think where the disagreement on what to do might be whether you apply for Direct Deposit OR Direct Express

In my situation where,I applied for D/E,it took a few weeks because there was no bank to verify/link to for incoming deposits.You are basically opening a brand new account which took a few phone calls,as well as signing various mail oriented stuff.

With Direct Deposit......you are linking to an existing bank account and I would assume identity verification rules are less stringent.

My D/E account took at least two weeks,and was then all ready for any incoming funds.Remember many folks(myself included) received their back-pay BEFORE any approval/award letter,even though my attorney informed me of a fully favorable decision beforehand.

In any case ,dealing with SSA via the phone system is a nightmare,and anything you can do to expedite your individual situation is a plus+++

GL,
Ferd144

Last edited by ferd144; 02-21-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:47 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

vann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferd144 View Post
I think where the disagreement on what to do might be whether you apply for Direct Deposit OR Direct Express

In my situation where,I applied for D/E,it took a few weeks because there was no bank to verify/link to for incoming deposits.You are basically opening a brand new account which took a few phone calls,as well as signing various mail oriented stuff.

With Direct Deposit......you are linking to an existing bank account and I would assume identity verification rules are less stringent.

My D/E account took at least two weeks,and was then all ready for any incoming funds.Remember many folks(myself included) received their back-pay BEFORE any approval/award letter,even though my attorney informed me of a fully favorable decision beforehand.

In any case ,dealing with SSA via the phone system is a nightmare,and anything you can do to expedite your individual situation is a plus+++

GL,
Ferd144
Direct express is handled by comerica bank,the Det. Tigers play at comerica park.they are a Michigan bank headquartered in Texas now.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:12 AM   #15
Inactive
(female)

NElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies14 View Post
Blueskies - This is partially correct. I have not received my monthly payment, OR backpay yet, ( I know I previously stated SSA called me to verify DD info, and stated I was to get a deposit the next day, but alas there was none, and after calling them back, was told it wouldn't be until March, and they didn't know why I was told that - YAY - more fun with twisted SSA info!) BUT anyway, no funds deposited yet, and I HAVE received my PRC letter. BUT, it said that you cannot register until you have either received a payment OR received your award letter (which I have). So, you are partially correct, either a payment needs to be made, or award letter needs to be received. Just thought I would let everyone know this since I have my PRC letter sitting right in front of me, and just registered.

Last edited by NElady; 02-22-2012 at 03:13 AM.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NElady For This Useful Post:
BlueSkies14 (02-23-2012), Jacki345 (02-22-2012), jgrangran (02-22-2012)
Closed Thread