It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

dismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB User
The dreaded CDR came

It came in the mail today. And I think it is the long form since they basically want to know every detail of my life. Other than the obvious fill it out what do I do? My disability is bipolar. Not something I'm ever going to get rid of. It gets somewhat better but then it always ends up getting worse. There is no way I can work. And we need the money to survive. Super super stressed right now. How long does it take for them to make a decision on it? Mine has to be completed and back to them by 3/2. I'm going to work on it tomorrow but I need to contact my drs for some info before I can mail it back. I need to keep better records. Anyone have a mental illness that has survived the CDR and had a favorable outcome?

ETA: I am in my late 30's and college educated. Needed to add that because I know it matters.

Last edited by dismama; 02-25-2012 at 05:04 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to dismama:
ferd144 (02-26-2012)
Old 02-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User
Re: The dreaded CDR came

Curious? What CDR time-frame interval did they give you when you were initially approved and were they on time? Mscat here was given a 3 year CDR when she was approved and she is way past the 3 year mark and she has not gotten one yet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

dismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB User

Right now I am on geodon 160mg, celexa 40mg and lamictal 75mg (slowly coming off of it) and lorazapam 1mg as needed up to 2mg per day.

Old 02-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies14 View Post
Curious? What CDR time-frame interval did they give you when you were initially approved and were they on time? Mscat here was given a 3 year CDR when she was approved and she is way past the 3 year mark and she has not gotten one yet.
They told me 1 year. It will be 2 years the end of June since my decision.

Old 02-25-2012, 05:51 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

This is your 1st one, right?

Old 02-25-2012, 05:54 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Quote:
This is your 1st one, right?
First one. Which is why I am so freaked. Both my pdoc and tdoc say that I can't work. But I know that ssdi has their own docs that make the decisions. I won my case on the AJL level. I already have a lawyer so I know if I am declined I just call her again but I don't want it to get that far. I just want this to be over. I'm on the rebound from a really rough down period and this is the last thing I need right now. The panic attacks just started easing up.

Old 02-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Essentially if your medical condition is the same or worse, benefits will continue and you really have nothing to worry about. Hopefully, you have been seeing your doctor regularly since you were approved. A big mistake some people make is that they stop seeing their doctors after approval. That is a huge mistake. SS will again pull medical records from your medical providers to see if what you say on the CDR about your medical condition is true. The medical records is the only way that they can verify this. It would be nice if they would just take your word for it but they won't. It is unlikely they will schedule you for any CE's unless they see something in your medical records written by your doctor that makes working questionable. As long as you have been seeing your doctor, have the same DX or the same one with new concomitants , have been taking your meds for your condition, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Very few ppl who claim to still be disabled during a CDR have their benefits terminated. Just fully co-operate with any requests they make and don't miss any deadlines and you should be fine.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueSkies14 For This Useful Post:
ferd144 (02-26-2012), MOnsterpete (02-26-2012), mscat40 (02-26-2012)
Old 02-25-2012, 06:20 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Essentially if your medical condition is the same or worse, benefits will continue and you really have nothing to worry about. Hopefully, you have been seeing your doctor regularly since you were approved. A big mistake some people make is that they stop seeing their doctors after approval. That is a huge mistake. SS will again pull medical records from your medical providers to see if what you say on the CDR about your medical condition is true. The medical records is the only way that they can verify this. It would be nice if they would just take your word for it but they won't. It is unlikely they will schedule you for any CE's unless they see something in your medical records written by your doctor that makes working questionable. As long as you have been seeing your doctor, have the same DX or the same one with new concomitants , have been taking your meds for your condition, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Very few ppl who claim to still be disabled during a CDR have their benefits terminated. Just fully co-operate with any requests they make and don't miss any deadlines and you should be fine.
I see my doc like clockwork. Take all of my meds and follow all of his instructions.

Old 02-25-2012, 06:21 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismama View Post
Both my pdoc and tdoc say that I can't work.
I don't think you really have anything to worry about then. Only if they see something in your medical records that might indicate the possibility to work will they investigate further. You said you have to have everything submitted by 3/2. Do you see your pdoc or tdoc before then? You might wanna mention this casually to them and get their response.

Last edited by BlueSkies14; 02-25-2012 at 06:24 PM.

Old 02-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Quote:
I don't think you really have anything to worry about then. Only if they see something in your medical records that might indicate the possibility to work will they investigate further. You said you have to have everything submitted by 3/12. Do you see your pdoc or tdoc before then? You might wanna mention this casually to them and get their response.
I actually see my doc on Tuedsay so I am going to mention it then. Do they take what my doc has to say into consideration? Who does the actual determination. Are those people doctors? Are my records reviewed by actual doctors? So many questions. Thanks for all of the fast replies. I'm feeling a little bit better.

Old 02-25-2012, 06:28 PM   #11
Inactive
(male)

Just an FYI for everyone>>>>
" If your Social Security disability benefits are terminated, you are entitled to a face-to-face interview with the person making the final decision on your case. If your benefits are still ceased after the interview, you can appeal the decision to an administrative law judge. You may have an attorney represent you if you wish."

The Following User Says Thank You to BlueSkies14 For This Useful Post:
ferd144 (02-26-2012)
Old 02-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #12
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismama View Post
Do they take what my doc has to say into consideration?
Yes, that is the main, most important thing....what your doctor says.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:32 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

dismama, I know this has you really worried it would worry me to. I'm truely sorry you have this to worry about I would get with your dr's and tell them that this is happening are you probly wont be able to before 3/2 because this is comming up fast. I would get a copy if you can of your records and have them in case you need them. And I would also ask your lawyer if you need to use them they might have some advice but like Blueskies said you really haven't improved and not very many cases get unapproved but that I know is little comfort right know. At least your taking your meds and seeking a DR. regularity that will help. Hang in there try hard to say to yourself this to will pass and I will be okay. I know its hard. Just know we care

Old 02-26-2012, 09:17 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

ferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB User

Quote:
Blueskies is 100000% correct!

My impairments are physical,but would think that mental disabilities will rely on your doctors input,notes,exams and reports more than anything.Mental illness cant be seen as easy as someone in a wheelchair,blind or walking with a walker/cane.This in no way lessens your entitlement to SSDI benefits,but I am quite sure your physician will be a tremendous factor/help in your CDR.

The fact that you are still young is the only omen IMHO,but if you have all your P's and Q's in order.......you should be fine

Good Luck and keep us updated as there are plenty of forum members that can relate much better than me in your situation

Ferd144

Last edited by ferd144; 02-26-2012 at 09:20 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to ferd144 For This Useful Post:
BlueSkies14 (02-26-2012)
Old 02-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #15
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

your CDR will turn out just fine. In order for them to cut benefits your condition would have had to improve so much syou could return to work and make a SGA , theri would need to be proof of this.
If you have not seen your DR. in a while they may send you to one of their's, which I think is a waste of time. that is why it is better to have your own medical records arealdy updated by seeing your regular DR. on a ongoing basis. I have not once seen anyone lose their benefits through a review.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: mscat40
ferd144 (02-26-2012), jgrangran (02-26-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to mscat40 For This Useful Post:
ferd144 (02-26-2012)
Closed Thread