It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2012, 10:39 AM   #16
Veteran
(female)

Jacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB User
Re: Sent a Packet of Forms to Fill Out

Just a thought for you --

As far as trying to recall all the jobs you've had, go back thru all your tax returns. Mosot folks just keep whats required, but you are suppose to keep 5 or 7 years of them. That should give you a push start.

I have ALL of mine (although not required to keep them forever, its a just a thing I always did keep) even from when I was a kid. Its a kick to look to see what you made, to reminisce - and H & R Block was cheap enough then that even a jr high & high school kid could go get their taxes done -- their charge/receipt is on each one.. LOL.

The following user gives a hug of support to Jacki345:
jgrangran (02-29-2012)
Old 02-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #17
Senior Veteran
(male)

vann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacki345 View Post
Just a thought for you --

As far as trying to recall all the jobs you've had, go back thru all your tax returns. Mosot folks just keep whats required, but you are suppose to keep 5 or 7 years of them. That should give you a push start.

I have ALL of mine (although not required to keep them forever, its a just a thing I always did keep) even from when I was a kid. Its a kick to look to see what you made, to reminisce - and H & R Block was cheap enough then that even a jr high & high school kid could go get their taxes done -- their charge/receipt is on each one.. LOL.
I was lucky all I had to put down was my last job I was there for 30 yrs.

Last edited by vann04; 02-29-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2012, 09:03 AM   #18
Veteran
(female)

Jacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB User

Yeah, I hear ya Vann.. I was at my last job 32 years. Shame I had to give it up.

But since we are required to keep 5 or 7 years (I don't recall how long now) of returns, it would be a great place for her to determine all the jobs she's had. Altho, ya know the Govt/Big Brother knows EXACTLY where we worked 'legally' anyway.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:11 AM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

LOL jacki345, you are so right on that one Big brother does know all jobs you have had.

The following user gives a hug of support to jgrangran:
Jacki345 (03-02-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to jgrangran For This Useful Post:
Jacki345 (03-02-2012)
Old 03-02-2012, 11:04 AM   #20
Senior Veteran
(male)

vann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrangran View Post
LOL jacki345, you are so right on that one Big brother does know all jobs you have had.
He sure dose ever nice I worked at McDonald's when I had to were a paper hat and a string tie. And a white apron. That was back in 1970 the good old days.

Old 03-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #21
(female)

kandiez HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandersmama View Post
Well SSI is really on the ball now. I applied not even 3 weeks ago and in the mail today I got a big packet of stuff to fill out aboiut all the jobs i've held in the past 15 years and my daily living and stuff. I honestly do not remember every job i've had in the past 15 yrs. In my interview the ssi intake guy was mentioning jobs to me and I was like oh yea I had honestly forgotten I had had them. My memory is terrible. I have bipolar and borderline personality disorder. I just got back on my meds after a 2 yr hiatus and haven't seen a dr in 2 years due to insurance issues. My old dr stopped taking my insurance and I had a terrible time finding a dr who would take my insurance and then I got lazy. I have 5 kids. I know that doesn't look good for me in ssi's eyes does it? What do I do in that regard? I am willing to see any dr they wish to send me to. I've been sparadoic with treatment though. I don't know what to do in regards to that. I am in treatment now though. What do I do in regards to this packet? I am filling it out and sending it back. Just not sure exactly what to say? THanks.
Hello Everyone, I am new to the forum. I applied for SSI three months ago and the only thing I received to fill out was a work history form. Is this normal?

Thanks

Old 03-02-2012, 03:58 PM   #22
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

Welcome to this board. I think its normal and good luck to you. Are you seeing a DR. right now? And do you have a lawyer helping you? You might try to start a new thread say something like new to this board filed for ssi I have some question? because I think more people will see it that way hang in there some more people will respond.

The Following User Says Thank You to jgrangran For This Useful Post:
kandiez (03-02-2012)
Old 03-03-2012, 05:55 AM   #23
(female)

Alexandersmama HB UserAlexandersmama HB User

thank you. Not really new but I don't have tax returns as I never held the jobs long enough to be able to file any. I do have a new dr and therapist and have been keeping my appointments.

The following user gives a hug of support to Alexandersmama:
jgrangran (03-03-2012)
Closed Thread