HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Health Insurance Issues (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/health-insurance-issues/)
-   -   It's official (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/health-insurance-issues/891609-its-official.html)

Jacki345 03-02-2012 08:31 AM

It's official

The letter from the ODAR came yesterday --

[B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Fully Favorable!![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Yeah, I know he said it during the hearing - but seeing it in writing was sweet and another huge sigh came from my heart.

The odd thing tho was there were some things in his ruling that really did not apply to me.

Can the judge clump things together and make his own diagnoses? He made mention of two specific things I thought were odd; one I could see where he might come to his own conclusion, but the other has NOTHING to do with my case....

Your thoughts?

by the by, the letter has nothing in itr where I will come up for a review in 3,5 or 7 years --like I've seen others say was in the letters they've received.

ferd144 03-02-2012 09:06 AM

Re: It's official

Congrats AGAIN Jackie :)

Ferd :)

gayle428 03-02-2012 09:29 AM

I bet it feels good to just hold the letter in your hand. :cool:

Congrats again!

NElady 03-02-2012 10:20 AM

Again, Congrats!!! The review period will be in your award letter. Thats how mine was. I was concerned because it wasn't in my approval letter, but then it was in my award letter. You should get your award letter within a month I would think now.

MOnsterpete 03-02-2012 10:39 AM

Congrates.... Enjoy

jgrangran 03-02-2012 11:06 AM

:angel:Yea for you :angel:

BlueSkies14 03-02-2012 11:19 AM

Yay for you Jacki. The CDR timeframe will probably be mentioned in the award letter. It does make you feel good to see it in writing. Have a terrific weekend. :)

* My CDR was mentioned in both approval and award letters.

BlueSkies14 03-02-2012 12:18 PM

Maybe if they forget to mention the review Jacki, they will forget that you need to have one. :D

mscat40 03-02-2012 01:21 PM

Congradualtions Jacki :) I am so happy for you . If you have any questions about the judge's decision i would ask my attorney what it meant. how long did it take you from start to finish ? It must be a tremendous relief to you to be approved. Fully favorable, YAY , that is wonderful. I hope it willnot take too long for your benefits to start . I thnk the hard part is over now, and at least you know your approved and will have your benefits now.

jgrangran 03-02-2012 02:10 PM

You know what I just figure out I have been spelling Yea wrong sorry its must be spelled YAY"""" I did finish school way back in 1976 if that explains anything LOL:angel: Please forgive me:angel:

Jacki345 03-02-2012 03:32 PM

[QUOTE=BlueSkies14;4937802]Maybe if they forget to mention the review Jacki, they will forget that you need to have one. :D[/QUOTE]

Hahahaa. . . I don't think I'll get that lucky! But I will certainly hope so.

:cool:

Jacki345 03-02-2012 03:34 PM

[QUOTE=jgrangran;4937855]You know what I just figure out I have been spelling Yea wrong sorry its must be spelled YAY"""" I did finish school way back in 1976 if that explains anything LOL:angel: Please forgive me:angel:[/QUOTE]

Shoot, I've always spelled it 'yeah'... but now that you've brought it up, YAY looks right too. No biggy.. I knew what ya meant ;)

Jacki345 03-02-2012 03:41 PM

[QUOTE=mscat40;4937830]Congradualtions Jacki :) I am so happy for you . If you have any questions about the judge's decision i would ask my attorney what it meant. how long did it take you from start to finish ? It must be a tremendous relief to you to be approved. Fully favorable, YAY , that is wonderful. I hope it willnot take too long for your benefits to start . I thnk the hard part is over now, and at least you know your approved and will have your benefits now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!
Its in my signature, but I filed March 2010 (w/an onset date of Aug 2009;) It took 23 months from file date to hearing and he granted me disabled at the hearing 2 weeks ago; I got it in writing yesterday. As requested by my US Congressman's constituent helper/assistant, she told me to call her once I got the letter. I spoke with her this morning and she sent 'stuff' off to some offices to expedite the retro pay and get my checks started. I was able to finally get thru to the SSA to get my bank stuff/registered last week Monday (a week after the hearing).. She said as soon as she hears something she will call or if I get anything else in the mail to call her.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<;)chairdancing;)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

very carefully tho :cool: mopped the kitchen floor and well, you don't wanna hear about that. LOL

sunni123 03-02-2012 10:12 PM

Congratulations on your Fully Favorable!:angel:

PanicAttacker 03-03-2012 01:21 AM

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 2012 has been a banner year...keep it coming y'all