HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Health Insurance Issues (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/health-insurance-issues/)
-   -   Denied again. (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/health-insurance-issues/891953-denied-again.html)

9 lv spinal fus 03-05-2012 11:05 AM

Denied again.

Has any1 gone through the whole process and been denied at the hearing and then denied at the initial stage? And has any1 here ever been approved at the second stage (reconsideration)? I believe I have a strong case...I've reduced to sedentary by SS...and I suffer from a failed 9 level spinal fusion and major depressive disorder, that I currently see treatment for...and I under pain management care...what do you guys think?:confused::confused:

jgrangran 03-05-2012 11:14 AM

Re: Denied again.

I have won at the reconsideration stage I wonder if you could get your pain management DR's to fill out the RFC form and can you submit any new medical evidence since your second filing it might help. Do you have a DR. helping you? I'm sorry hang in there someone else will help you also. Iknow other have been denied and won at reconderation stage after filing the appeal. I would appeal and keep fighting .

mscat40 03-05-2012 12:52 PM

I was not denied at the hearing stage, but did get approved at the reconsideration level. The important thig about this level is try to add new evidence supporting your claim. They want to see new evidence that way you will have a chance of a approval. If your Dr. changes your medication or something like that then that would be something new or different. Keep fighting for your SSDI and appeal if you need to , it is a long hard journey for most people, but just don't give up.

BlueSkies14 03-06-2012 07:04 AM

[QUOTE=9 lv spinal fus;4939284]Has any1 gone through the whole process and been denied at the hearing and then denied at the initial stage? And has any1 here ever been approved at the second stage (reconsideration)? I believe I have a strong case...I've reduced to sedentary by SS...and I suffer from a failed 9 level spinal fusion and major depressive disorder, that I currently see treatment for...and I under pain management care...what do you guys think?:confused::confused:[/QUOTE]Is this a new application after they denied your initial application at the hearing stage 9 lv spinal fus? I don't recall because you don't post often.

BlueSkies14 03-06-2012 07:28 AM

jgrangran is right. If doctors would be more willing to help you, it would make the whole process easier and faster. On one hand, you don't wanna push your doctor and staff too hard for fear of alienation, but you have to push (gently) in order to get your doctor to help you. Doctors are generally very busy and are already over burdened with paperwork and now here comes my patient with even more paperwork. It is a delicate balancing act sometimes. I was honest with my doctor. I told him point blank I can't work anymore, I am having to file for SSDI, I really need your help but I added I know you are busy and I don't wanna overwhelm you with paperwork and SSA redtape. I think you have to just say this sometimes and tell your doctor that you will pay him/her for the extra time it takes them to do some of the disability stuff on your behalf.

gayle428 03-06-2012 09:37 AM

My disability is in my spine too, and I was denied five times over 2 1/2 years before I was finally approved. I was approved at the reconsideration level of my second case.

Everyone here is right - you cannot give up. You must keep appealing. Hang in there!

9 lv spinal fus 03-06-2012 10:31 AM

Yes this is a new application....i was denied a previous app at hearing level. do u have any insight on what happens next?? they didnt send me to a exam or anything...i do have a attorney...im waiting to get the official notice in the mail...then ill see my lawyer.

jgrangran 03-06-2012 10:41 AM

Have you been asked to get your DR to fill out the RFC form it will help a lot and any new medical edvince the lawyer can submit to ssa while it is in the reconsideration stage are when you appeal it can you send that in. I know your lawyer knows what that form is. It really may help you. I really thnk you will win its just when .you have a lot of issues I see people approved for a lot. hang in there just don't give up. I hope you get the approval at this recon stage hang in there:)

gayle428 03-06-2012 11:03 AM

[QUOTE=9 lv spinal fus;4939749]Yes this is a new application....i was denied a previous app at hearing level. do u have any insight on what happens next?? they didnt send me to a exam or anything...i do have a attorney...im waiting to get the official notice in the mail...then ill see my lawyer.[/QUOTE]

I was never sent to an exam either - until I was at the reconsideration level of my second case.

Your lawyer knows what to do next. Good luck, and I hope you are approved soon!

BelleoftheSouth 03-06-2012 11:23 AM

That is surprising that you were denied on the depression unless you were just diagnosed with it.

Are you staying on top of you attorney? some do get a little lazy and tend to not stay on the case.

Your attorney should give you the paperwork and you go to the doctor and have the doctor fill it out in front of you. It took my doctor 10 minutes and he didn't mind at all.

Samples..write down a list of all your sample medicines even vitamins. (I kept a bag and when my doctor gave me a 'Sample' of medicine to try and if it didn't help I'd throw it in the bag so the judge could see the meds I've tried that didn't work..I had a full small garbage bag full).

(Ask your atty about bringing the Samples. Mine said yes but the judge didn't care to see them)

The day before you go to see the judge have a print-out of all the meds you've taken and paid for. Your pharmacy can print it out in front of you. Get 2copies one for you and one for your atty.

Good Luck!

~Belle~

9 lv spinal fus 03-06-2012 11:49 AM

Thank you for your help...this is very helpful..ill keep u posted.

BlueSkies14 03-06-2012 02:50 PM

@ 9 lv spinal fus, How much time was spent on the initial application? By that, I mean how long did it take you to reach the hearing stage on the 1st application?