It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #16
(female)

TruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB User
Re: Going tomorrow

When it rain it pours.. woke up sicker then a dog.. went to the dr he says it's Bronchial Spasms... I quit smoking a year ago then end of this month and I promise you I seem more sick then I was when I was smoking...right now I'm coughing my guts up.. and my chest hurts and feels like someone is sitting on it..ugrrrrr.. I'm so depressed over all this disability.. I think it's making sick.. sorry had to vent some

The following user gives a hug of support to TruthseekerTn:
jgrangran (03-08-2012)
Old 03-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

Did they give you something, I think its great you quit smoking. Sorry your sick

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #18
(female)

TruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB User

Thanks jgrangran.. Yes he put me on prednisone and Levofloxacin....

Old 03-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #19
Veteran
(female)

Jacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthseekerTn View Post
well I went yesterday,the man was kinda a butt,, he told me I should have got physical therapy years ago. that my neck was so bad... my neck leans to the left, has been like that for 6 years.. I failed all but two of the test.. I was back there over an hour.. he told me I need physical therapy which worries me that I won't get it.. I quit smoking a year ago the end of this month and he was going on how smoking makes arthritis worse.. he went on an on about it like I was still smoking then when he found out I drink diet dr pepper he was going on about caffiane how it does the same.. I feel it didn't go to good.. but someone that my brother knows went to the same guy and got approved and said he was saying the same things to them.. so now next week I go through the other one.. I'm worried about the first one..hope this one goes better
Hi TruthseekerTn --

To 'me' what he told you - if he wrote it in his report is a VERY GOOD THING. You don't want this doctor telling SSA that you're fine. Regardless if you didn't get physical therapy or did not get this or that treatment, isn't a reason to deny SSDI. If anything, its more a reason TO GET approved. You likely could not afford the treatments or didn't have the insurance to get the proper treatment he claims you should have had. Whether you drink Dr. Pepper or gallons of coffee makes no case to decline SSDI either. Seems to me this doctor is saying you have true medical issues - and that is their doctor, right? They may frown on your smoking, but its not against the law (yet). As long as he wrote down all those negative things that are wrong with you - in my opinion - its a good thing. Don't fret about it. To me, it sounds like you've told SSA you have issues and this doctor just confirmed what you told SSA.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jacki345 For This Useful Post:
TruthseekerTn (03-09-2012)
Old 03-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #20
Veteran
(female)

Jacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB User

PS -- When I quit smoking, I was sick as a dog for over 8 months. Previous I would get bronchitis twice or three times a year.. but once I quit, OMG -- hell had no fury and played havoc on me. It was NOT fun. I finally got thru all of that and have been smoke free for 5 years now.

GL with you becoming smoke free

Hugs

Old 03-08-2012, 05:11 PM   #21
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

Jacki345, I like the way you said not (yet). because I heard somewhere that they were goin to try to charge smoker more on medicare, well I never smoked but my husband does he just quit sunday and today is thursday so I hope he can also quit the DR has been after him to quit also and he just wasn't ready but after he heard what I heard he decided to quit and so far he as, So good luck on all that decide to quit they say it as addicting as cocaine.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #22
Veteran
(female)

Congrats to your hubby.. It is not easy.

For me -- One word: Hypnosis

It really worked for me -- but like anything, you really have to want to quit.
I never looked back - never had a craving since that day.
One session = about one hour.
Done.

Hugs

Old 03-08-2012, 05:44 PM   #23
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks and Good for you for quitting. I really think they are going to start really charging people extra, I used to work in the Hospital and I would hear how some of the DR's would talk about smoking and one day I asked one of them if they treated smoker differently he said he didn't but I would heard how they would told if only thier pt. knew what they were saying not all DR's are that way but some are just like some are mean to heavier people.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:18 AM   #24
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacki345 View Post
Hi TruthseekerTn --

To 'me' what he told you - if he wrote it in his report is a VERY GOOD THING. You don't want this doctor telling SSA that you're fine. Regardless if you didn't get physical therapy or did not get this or that treatment, isn't a reason to deny SSDI. If anything, its more a reason TO GET approved. You likely could not afford the treatments or didn't have the insurance to get the proper treatment he claims you should have had. Whether you drink Dr. Pepper or gallons of coffee makes no case to decline SSDI either. Seems to me this doctor is saying you have true medical issues - and that is their doctor, right? They may frown on your smoking, but its not against the law (yet). As long as he wrote down all those negative things that are wrong with you - in my opinion - its a good thing. Don't fret about it. To me, it sounds like you've told SSA you have issues and this doctor just confirmed what you told SSA.
I wanted to thank you so much. this makes me feel a little better.. Just the way you put it eases my mind some... you made my day.... and far as the smoking I still want one every now and then but I quit for two reason one my grand baby was born and I didn't want any smoke around him, two I seen my father in law suffer the most worse death I ever seen from smoking, wish I never went in that room to see him like that... I really didn't want to quit, I made myself quit.. I loved to smoke, don't ask me why but it was something I enjoyed, I don't get out and do anything else... but anyways it's very hard to quit I used chantix to quit because I knew for a fact I couldn't do it on my own, but now that I think of it. I think it was all me because I still wanted one bad but I told myself I have a precious grand baby coming in this world and I did it... I will let you know how the other dr goes next week and thank you again for your kind words

Last edited by TruthseekerTn; 03-09-2012 at 06:21 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to TruthseekerTn:
jgrangran (03-09-2012)
Old 03-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #25
Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthseekerTn View Post
I wanted to thank you so much. this makes me feel a little better.. Just the way you put it eases my mind some... you made my day.... and far as the smoking I still want one every now and then but I quit for two reason one my grand baby was born and I didn't want any smoke around him, two I seen my father in law suffer the most worse death I ever seen from smoking, wish I never went in that room to see him like that... I really didn't want to quit, I made myself quit.. I loved to smoke, don't ask me why but it was something I enjoyed, I don't get out and do anything else... but anyways it's very hard to quit I used chantix to quit because I knew for a fact I couldn't do it on my own, but now that I think of it. I think it was all me because I still wanted one bad but I told myself I have a precious grand baby coming in this world and I did it... I will let you know how the other dr goes next week and thank you again for your kind words
With my physical disabilities SSA sent me not once but twice to a psychologist. I thought it strange but whatever, right? The first time was on my initial application (which turned out to be my 1st denial). Then I appeal for reconsideration & hired my atty. When I got the 2nd request to see the psychologist, my atty told me very clearly: The psychologist will be watching you from the time you drive up and until you drive away. He will be taking notes for anything that SSA will be wanting from him/her. He was right, on the 2nd visit there were glass doors.. he was standing inside (I couldn't see him until I was right in front of the door-and he opened it for me- which as a good thing, as I was having one of my bad days (back/neck) that day. He tried to go up to the 2nd floor via the stairs.. and I asked him where the elevator was. I took the elevator, he walked the stairs. Be aware of the little things - that is what they could (or not) be watching for. And once I was leaving and walked to my car, once I got to my car I could see the front door clearly and he was there, as he had watched me walk to my car and watched me drive away.

Since then to now, and I have read his report and he was most favorable to me. So was the 1st psychologist I saw-she just wasn't as detailed (and she was in a large office complex and no way could she had seen me pull up/get up to her office.

Neither one could I get a feeling from. They are not there to treat you - only to gather information. I often make little jokes when I'm nervous.. neither one cracked a smile. Relax and don't sweat it. I was a wreck for nothing. At the end of the day - at least in my case (and my atty as much as told me this too), as long as all your medical records are in tact & tell the story, they believe YOUR doctors. Why SSA spends the money for these 3rd party doctors is really beyond me. I still don't know why they sent me to 2 psychologists and not one ortho or neuro since my issues are all physical.

Go figure.
Be alert to what info SSA would be wanting when you go to their appts.

GL & Relax,
Hugs

Old 03-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #26
Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrangran View Post
Thanks and Good for you for quitting. I really think they are going to start really charging people extra, I used to work in the Hospital and I would hear how some of the DR's would talk about smoking and one day I asked one of them if they treated smoker differently he said he didn't but I would heard how they would told if only thier pt. knew what they were saying not all DR's are that way but some are just like some are mean to heavier people.
When my doctor told me (OR I finally "heard" him) say I had about 25% of my lung capacity left, I really freaked out. He was certain I had emphysema. Previously, I was told since I was a little kid I was born with bronchitis (parents smoked) and once I became a teen (and a smoker) it became chronic bronchitis. Anyway, we did a lung test and proved that I had lost nearly 75% of my lung strength. I watched my great grandfather with emphysema, then my grandmother die from it. Just before that, my favorite uncle had passed away from both lung cancers (smokers and non smokers) - and had NOT SMOKED for over 25 years when he came down with it.

So I knew it was just a matter of time if I didn't stop it now. I knew climbing stairs was not a favorite pass time lung wise (or back wise) but the lung thing started making more sense at that time.

After I had quit for 14 months, I went back to my doc and made him give me the lung test again.. he tried to hold me off for a while but I was insistant.. and THANK GOD my lungs were at normal range again. He was totally surprised. I think they bounced back because I once played clarinet.. which requires lung controls etc... don't ask me why, but its the only thing I can think of that could have made my lungs so resilient to bounce back like that- that fast..

Old 03-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #27
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jacki345, You are so funny I wish I had your sense of humor I'm way to serious. And your right about ssa DR's looking and watching. While I never had to go see one I was told the same thing I did take my husband and that DR. was really nice. I'm glad you were able to get your lungs back in shape I lost my mother to ca. and it all started in her lungs they cut it out but later in her life it came back she had ca everywhere it is a horrible way to go just horrible so I'm glad you are smoke free.

The following user gives a hug of support to jgrangran:
Jacki345 (03-09-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to jgrangran For This Useful Post:
Jacki345 (03-09-2012)
Old 03-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #28
(female)

Well Tomorrow is my mental evaluation please everyone pray that I get through this fine..my anxiety is already raging and it's not tomorrow yet and can't imange how tomorrow is going to be.. wish me luck and pray for me please

Old 03-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #29
Senior Veteran
(female)

Good Luck to you. Please let us know how it went. Good Luck to you. Just be yourself and answer the question to the best of your ability.

The Following User Says Thank You to jgrangran For This Useful Post:
TruthseekerTn (03-14-2012)
Old 03-14-2012, 07:42 AM   #30
Senior Veteran
(female)

Good Luck to you today.My prayers are with you.

Closed Thread