It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #1
(female)

TruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB User
Going tomorrow

I'm going tomorrow for my physical evaluation.
I'm so nerves and my stomach is giving me
Trouble thinking about it, I don't know what to
Expected or anything. I'm worried to death

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: TruthseekerTn
jgrangran (03-05-2012), youtoo1955 (03-05-2012)
Old 03-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #2
(male)

MOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB User
Re: Going tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthseekerTn View Post
I'm going tomorrow for my physical evaluation.
I'm so nerves and my stomach is giving me
Trouble thinking about it, I don't know what to
Expected or anything. I'm worried to death
Don't worry too much. It's routine and is usually pretty fast. Mine was about 15 min. Again don't read too much into it. Just be honest and you'll be on your way pretty quickly. Chin up

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: MOnsterpete
jgrangran (03-05-2012), TruthseekerTn (03-06-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to MOnsterpete For This Useful Post:
TruthseekerTn (03-06-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

If you have a family DR see if you can sign a release of infromation to your DR. so you will see how your DR's visit went and I would have any exrays mri results and a copy of all the meds you take and just like monsterpete said just be yourself and it goes so quick. Do you have a lawyer helping you? I would call them and let them how you think it went. Good Luck to you

The following user gives a hug of support to jgrangran:
TruthseekerTn (03-06-2012)
Old 03-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #4
(female)

TruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB User

I dont have a lawyer yet this is my first time trying for it
I go to the mental evaluation next week. It said on my papers to bring my
Med's I'm on. They have all my medical records from my dr I'm
Just scared and nervous over all this. I can take a lot of people around and I don't like talking to people I don't know in person, I don't know what they make u do or anything. Sigh

The following user gives a hug of support to TruthseekerTn:
jgrangran (03-05-2012)
Old 03-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOnsterpete View Post
Don't worry too much. It's routine and is usually pretty fast. Mine was about 15 min. Again don't read too much into it. Just be honest and you'll be on your way pretty quickly. Chin up
Same as Pete.....these exams tend to be pretty superficial and short in duration. The psychological CE's are a little lengthier than the physical ones but nothing to be overly concerned about like Pete said. Just make sure you go and have the exam. That is the most important thing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueSkies14 For This Useful Post:
MOnsterpete (03-06-2012), TruthseekerTn (03-06-2012)
Old 03-06-2012, 06:16 AM   #6
(female)

Thanks everyone for your nice replys they mean a lot to me... Please pray for me today, I really going to need it.. I wanted to thank you all again for taking the time out to post.. take care everyone

The following 4 users give hugs of support to: TruthseekerTn
BlueSkies14 (03-06-2012), ferd144 (03-06-2012), jgrangran (03-06-2012), MOnsterpete (03-06-2012)
Old 03-06-2012, 06:49 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

Good Luck to you tommrow my prayers are with you. I'm sure you will be just fine. I'm glad you have your medical records also. It really could help you if you go ahead an seek a lawyer, some peolpe wait but I think it could also help you in the begining, Also you could get denied and if you do don't give up its the most important thing because lots of people do get denied the first and second time but then again you could get approved the first time also. Hang in there if you can please come back here and let us know how you think your DR's appointment went. Again Good Luck

Last edited by jgrangran; 03-06-2012 at 07:02 AM.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:58 AM   #8
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

Just take comfort in the fact TruthseekerTn that we (those of us who have been approved) have all been where you are now in the process. It is aggravating as hell and the frustration/disappointment factor can get pretty high, but don't let any initial denials discourage you. Even tho I was forewarned by Allsup that I would probably get denied during the application and reconsideration stages, you are still in somewhat disbelief when you get that generic denial letter in the mail after jumping through all the hoops that the SSA makes you jump through. Just always remember that you have a very good chance of winning your claim if you appeal any denials and can get to the ALJ level. The ALJ's seem to have a lot more latitude than the DDS case workers in approving disability claims. Just make sure you have a lawyer before you reach the hearing stage.

The Following User Says Thank You to BlueSkies14 For This Useful Post:
ferd144 (03-07-2012)
Old 03-07-2012, 09:05 AM   #9
(female)

well I went yesterday,the man was kinda a butt,, he told me I should have got physical therapy years ago. that my neck was so bad... my neck leans to the left, has been like that for 6 years.. I failed all but two of the test.. I was back there over an hour.. he told me I need physical therapy which worries me that I won't get it.. I quit smoking a year ago the end of this month and he was going on how smoking makes arthritis worse.. he went on an on about it like I was still smoking then when he found out I drink diet dr pepper he was going on about caffiane how it does the same.. I feel it didn't go to good.. but someone that my brother knows went to the same guy and got approved and said he was saying the same things to them.. so now next week I go through the other one.. I'm worried about the first one..hope this one goes better

Old 03-07-2012, 09:20 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Honestly I think while the DR by no means should have acted like that he seemed to say that your in not good shape and that is sad but it just proves you can't work so just maybe it is gooing to help with your disability, I think some DR. have very bad bedside manor but there are also good DR's out ther to. Hnag in there I really think it sounds the DR is saying you have really bad arthrisistis. Let us know how your other DR's appointment goes. Hang in there we are all pulling for you and hope your will be able to get your disability and get the poper medicaly be you need.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

ferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthseekerTn View Post
well I went yesterday,the man was kinda a butt,, he told me I should have got physical therapy years ago. that my neck was so bad... my neck leans to the left, has been like that for 6 years.. I failed all but two of the test.. I was back there over an hour.. he told me I need physical therapy which worries me that I won't get it.. I quit smoking a year ago the end of this month and he was going on how smoking makes arthritis worse.. he went on an on about it like I was still smoking then when he found out I drink diet dr pepper he was going on about caffiane how it does the same.. I feel it didn't go to good.. but someone that my brother knows went to the same guy and got approved and said he was saying the same things to them.. so now next week I go through the other one.. I'm worried about the first one..hope this one goes better
Hang in there truthseeker,as this is a very frustrating process.Having the help and support of the members on this forum,who have endured this long and winding road will be a tremendous help

Gl,
Ferd144 :-)

Old 03-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #12
(female)

I forgot to add that he told me to use it or lose it.. my neck that is.. he was not nice but.. I guess he's doing his job is all but I wish he could have been alittle bit nicer

jgrangran (03-07-2012)
Old 03-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

I really agree with you he should of been a lot nice it cost absoutlity nothing to be nice .

The Following User Says Thank You to jgrangran For This Useful Post:
ferd144 (03-07-2012)
Old 03-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #14
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

you will be ok , i know how stressful it can be to have to go and get a exam but like others have said it should be quick. It 's all a part of the process many people have been through , so your not alone. try not to be to scared, get it done and over with then you will feel so much better. Let us know how it turned out , it is not going to be as bad as you are fearing.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:58 PM   #15
(female)

mscat40...thanks, I went tue..so the first appointment is over just got to go through the other one next week.. I'm so stressed out to the max.. I feel like just crawling up in a ball and crying, I knew this was going to be a tough thing to go through but, not this bad.. I think about it every waken min..I'm praying I can get through this without breaking down

mscat40 (03-10-2012)
Closed Thread