HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Health Insurance Issues (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/health-insurance-issues/)
-   -   Approved OTR before hearing (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/health-insurance-issues/892041-approved-otr-before-hearing.html)

uprightgirl 03-06-2012 08:34 AM

Approved OTR before hearing

Attorney called ...been approved OTR a month before the hearing. Don't know how he pulled this off but so happy here after a long wait. I am wondering what happens next as my attorney had to leave quickly out of town after he left me with the message. What does the social security do now does anyone know? Is there a chance to get re-denied after this or is a done deal? I am just in a state of shock I guess like a dream. I don't know what to expect. Do they go through your life history after the judge approves or what...I am not a confident person I guess....Can anyone explain ?

jgrangran 03-06-2012 09:55 AM

Re: Approved OTR before hearing

CONGRATS:):), Its means you won, now comes the wait for the letter and benfits it takes a while it will not get over turned its official, I wonder why your lawyer just didn;t take the time to reassure you. Did you set up direct deposit. Again you can relax its over. Yay for you. others will respond how long did this whole process take for you can you give a timeline and what was your DX. ;)

BlueSkies14 03-06-2012 10:01 AM

[QUOTE=uprightgirl;4939685]Attorney called ...been approved OTR a month before the hearing. Don't know how he pulled this off but so happy here after a long wait. I am wondering what happens next as my attorney had to leave quickly out of town after he left me with the message. What does the social security do now does anyone know? Is there a chance to get re-denied after this or is a done deal? I am just in a state of shock I guess like a dream. I don't know what to expect. Do they go through your life history after the judge approves or what...I am not a confident person I guess....Can anyone explain ?[/QUOTE]Congrats uprightgirl on the OTR approval. I was also approved OTR. It is a done deal. Here is the order that I received things next after the OTR approval. I got my approval letter, then my backpay, and then I received my award letter a week after my backpay. You will probably receive your monthly check for April in May since SS pays one month in arrears and your backpay will go backwards from March 2012 to your EOD, minus the 5 month waiting period. Again, congrats and ty for sharing.

Keep the approvals rolling healthboards gang!

ferd144 03-06-2012 10:14 AM

[QUOTE=jgrangran;4939728]CONGRATS:):), Its means you won, now comes the wait for the letter and benfits it takes a while it will not get over turned its official, I wonder why your lawyer just didn;t take the time to reassure you. Did you set up direct deposit. Again you can relax its over. Yay for you. others will respond how long did this whole process take for you can you give a timeline and what was your DX. ;)[/QUOTE]

Another win for HB forum members...............absolutely amazing run we have had the last few months.Lets hope it continues for everyone else that is waiting patiently:)

Ferd:cool:

BlueSkies14 03-06-2012 10:23 AM

[QUOTE=ferd144;4939737]Another win for HB forum members...............absolutely amazing run we have had the last few months.Lets hope it continues for everyone else that is waiting patiently:)

Ferd:cool:[/QUOTE]Yeah, I know Ferd. I can't wait until people like MonsterPete gets there. Pete is a terrific guy. We will all get together and throw him a big congrats. party after he gets his approval.

jgrangran 03-06-2012 10:27 AM

Yes I hope it keeps going and everyone gets approved I hope all that get denied keep fighting even if you get deined over and over if you can't work you need to not give up keep fighting.:angel: Again Congrats I hope many more are to come:)

ferd144 03-06-2012 12:06 PM

[QUOTE=BlueSkies14;4939744]Yeah, I know Ferd. [B][U]I can't wait until people like MonsterPete gets there. Pete is a terrific guy.[/U][/B] We will all get together and throw him a big congrats. party after he gets his approval.[/QUOTE]

Its funny you say that Blue.............as I was thinking of Pete as soon as I made my post this morning.I hope he gets approved as swiftly as possible,as he not only seems like a caring,thoughtful,and sincere guy.......but I know how hard the wait can be for someone deserving of SSDI benefits

Go Pete!

Ferd144

jgrangran 03-06-2012 01:15 PM

Ferd144, I very very much agree with you.:angel:

uprightgirl 03-06-2012 08:26 PM

I surely hope many more on this site will be granted what they deserve and have coming. Thanks for all the caring people on here helping one another through these difficult times.

NElady 03-07-2012 02:36 AM

Congrats!!!! Always happy to see the approvals!!! I agree with you all on Pete. GO Pete, GO Pete, GO GO GO Pete!!!!