It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2012, 08:34 AM   #1
(female)

uprightgirl HB User
Lightbulb Approved OTR before hearing

Attorney called ...been approved OTR a month before the hearing. Don't know how he pulled this off but so happy here after a long wait. I am wondering what happens next as my attorney had to leave quickly out of town after he left me with the message. What does the social security do now does anyone know? Is there a chance to get re-denied after this or is a done deal? I am just in a state of shock I guess like a dream. I don't know what to expect. Do they go through your life history after the judge approves or what...I am not a confident person I guess....Can anyone explain ?

Old 03-06-2012, 09:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User
Re: Approved OTR before hearing

CONGRATS, Its means you won, now comes the wait for the letter and benfits it takes a while it will not get over turned its official, I wonder why your lawyer just didn;t take the time to reassure you. Did you set up direct deposit. Again you can relax its over. Yay for you. others will respond how long did this whole process take for you can you give a timeline and what was your DX.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jgrangran For This Useful Post:
MOnsterpete (03-06-2012), uprightgirl (03-06-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by uprightgirl View Post
Attorney called ...been approved OTR a month before the hearing. Don't know how he pulled this off but so happy here after a long wait. I am wondering what happens next as my attorney had to leave quickly out of town after he left me with the message. What does the social security do now does anyone know? Is there a chance to get re-denied after this or is a done deal? I am just in a state of shock I guess like a dream. I don't know what to expect. Do they go through your life history after the judge approves or what...I am not a confident person I guess....Can anyone explain ?
Congrats uprightgirl on the OTR approval. I was also approved OTR. It is a done deal. Here is the order that I received things next after the OTR approval. I got my approval letter, then my backpay, and then I received my award letter a week after my backpay. You will probably receive your monthly check for April in May since SS pays one month in arrears and your backpay will go backwards from March 2012 to your EOD, minus the 5 month waiting period. Again, congrats and ty for sharing.

Keep the approvals rolling healthboards gang!

The Following User Says Thank You to BlueSkies14 For This Useful Post:
uprightgirl (03-06-2012)
Old 03-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

ferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrangran View Post
CONGRATS, Its means you won, now comes the wait for the letter and benfits it takes a while it will not get over turned its official, I wonder why your lawyer just didn;t take the time to reassure you. Did you set up direct deposit. Again you can relax its over. Yay for you. others will respond how long did this whole process take for you can you give a timeline and what was your DX.
Another win for HB forum members...............absolutely amazing run we have had the last few months.Lets hope it continues for everyone else that is waiting patiently

Ferd

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: ferd144
jgrangran (03-06-2012), uprightgirl (03-06-2012)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ferd144 For This Useful Post:
BlueSkies14 (03-06-2012), NElady (03-07-2012)
Old 03-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferd144 View Post
Another win for HB forum members...............absolutely amazing run we have had the last few months.Lets hope it continues for everyone else that is waiting patiently

Ferd
Yeah, I know Ferd. I can't wait until people like MonsterPete gets there. Pete is a terrific guy. We will all get together and throw him a big congrats. party after he gets his approval.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueSkies14 For This Useful Post:
ferd144 (03-06-2012), MOnsterpete (03-06-2012), NElady (03-07-2012)
Old 03-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

Yes I hope it keeps going and everyone gets approved I hope all that get denied keep fighting even if you get deined over and over if you can't work you need to not give up keep fighting. Again Congrats I hope many more are to come

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jgrangran For This Useful Post:
apas1981 (05-17-2012), MOnsterpete (03-06-2012)
Old 03-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

ferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies14 View Post
Yeah, I know Ferd. I can't wait until people like MonsterPete gets there. Pete is a terrific guy. We will all get together and throw him a big congrats. party after he gets his approval.
Its funny you say that Blue.............as I was thinking of Pete as soon as I made my post this morning.I hope he gets approved as swiftly as possible,as he not only seems like a caring,thoughtful,and sincere guy.......but I know how hard the wait can be for someone deserving of SSDI benefits

Go Pete!

Ferd144

The Following User Says Thank You to ferd144 For This Useful Post:
MOnsterpete (03-06-2012)
Old 03-06-2012, 01:15 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ferd144, I very very much agree with you.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:26 PM   #9
(female)

uprightgirl HB User

I surely hope many more on this site will be granted what they deserve and have coming. Thanks for all the caring people on here helping one another through these difficult times.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:36 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

NElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB User

Congrats!!!! Always happy to see the approvals!!! I agree with you all on Pete. GO Pete, GO Pete, GO GO GO Pete!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to NElady For This Useful Post:
MOnsterpete (03-07-2012)
Closed Thread