HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Health Insurance Issues (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/health-insurance-issues/)
-   -   I Just Need to Vent (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/health-insurance-issues/892346-i-just-need-vent.html)

Alexandersmama 03-08-2012 03:26 PM

I Just Need to Vent

I don't know if this is the correct place for this-if it isn't I do apologize. I am just beyond stressed. I just started the application process with SSI. I am currently receiving tca and food stamps. I've been receiving them for years. Lately it seems they've been cracking down and in doing so they keep making mistakes. Their mistakes are causing me terrible stress and panic attacks because I have to keep track of all the information they've lost and resupply it back to them. First it was proof I'd applied for SSI. I'd applied for the wrong type of ssi. No biggie. That was corrected but HUGE stressor, panic attack in the mean time. Threaten loss of benefits over this. NOT fun. Today I get in the mail that there's a problem with my youngest dd's social security number and that they need her social security card and birth certificate by march 13. I had another panic attack. They cut benefits regardless of it they have the stuff correct or not. One wrong button in their computer is pressed and benefits are terminated. This is my income right now. It's all myself and my children have until HOPEFULLY we get ssi. It causes me great stress the mistakes they make. I turned her in social security card and birth certificate when she was born 14 MONTHS AGO! It was copied at the time. So how could they make that mistake huh? So tomorrow I get to spend my morning down at dhs fixing something I didn't create and hoping that another month I get my benefits. i NEVER worried about this crap before. Now I worry constantly when the mail comes and something is from them, what is it now? The incompetency of them astounds me and it's NEVER their fault. Always mine. It's not fair anymore. I cannot stand the stress!

jgrangran 03-08-2012 03:32 PM

Re: I Just Need to Vent

I know all that is so overwhelming. I hope things change for you and its for the better. Hang in there its got to get better. And you are comming to the right board. :angel:

mscat40 03-08-2012 03:44 PM

It is so difficult to have to deal with so many different angencies , one mess up that can affect how you family lives and survives on can be do deterimental. Even when it is their fault they messed up they will never admit it. It feels like a game sometimes, and can feel like a losing battle. i hope everything gets straightened out for you and your children. When I applied for SSDI i had to also depend on food stamps and AID . I had the right letters and information so I did not have to go through the welfare to work program they use to have in CA, but it was still embarassing to have to tell my worker how things are going and what I was experiencing , luckily she was very kind to me and understnading, nevertheless it was still a long road and long process to go through. i hope you are approved for SSI and this will help your family and you . But you are right when things go wrong when it was not your fault is highly frustrating and anxiety rises to the top.

Alexandersmama 03-09-2012 06:44 AM

thank you. you've hit the nail right on the head. my problem is I've unfortunately kept almost NONE of my paperwork. I figured after so long had passed it was ok. Now I'm concerned and wondering what else they may ask for that I'll need to "hurry up" and provide. They keep giving March 13 as the cut off date, and I believe that's because that's for the next benefit amount to be deposited. This stresses me out terribly. We are going away on vacation next month and will be gone from the 1-13. If they send me something I honestly won't even know what is is and cannot handle it and I've never heard they give extensions so what do I do in that instance?

MOnsterpete 03-09-2012 08:05 AM

[QUOTE=Alexandersmama;4941557]thank you. you've hit the nail right on the head. my problem is I've unfortunately kept almost NONE of my paperwork. I figured after so long had passed it was ok. Now I'm concerned and wondering what else they may ask for that I'll need to "hurry up" and provide. They keep giving March 13 as the cut off date, and I believe that's because that's for the next benefit amount to be deposited. This stresses me out terribly. We are going away on vacation next month and will be gone from the 1-13. If they send me something I honestly won't even know what is is and cannot handle it and I've never heard they give extensions so what do I do in that instance?[/QUOTE]

Dont worry too much do what you can. And enjoy your Vacation

mscat40 03-09-2012 02:31 PM

[QUOTE=Alexandersmama;4941557]thank you. you've hit the nail right on the head. my problem is I've unfortunately kept almost NONE of my paperwork. I figured after so long had passed it was ok. Now I'm concerned and wondering what else they may ask for that I'll need to "hurry up" and provide. They keep giving March 13 as the cut off date, and I believe that's because that's for the next benefit amount to be deposited. This stresses me out terribly. We are going away on vacation next month and will be gone from the 1-13. If they send me something I honestly won't even know what is is and cannot handle it and I've never heard they give extensions so what do I do in that instance?[/QUOTE]

If it is for the social serices department , I would call your worker and double check to make sure they have all the paperwork they need because you are going out of town and cannot afford to lose any of your assistance. If it is for social security go to the field office and make sure they are not going to need any more paperwork or docuementation from you because you will not be home for a week or so. Ususally social security will give you time to mal off any paperwork requested and give at least a months notice if they are wanting you to go to a Consultive exam. Other then that enjoy your time away and try not to worry .

Alexandersmama 03-09-2012 06:29 PM

thanks I received something today from social security asking me to call a number within 10 days. I guess I need to make an apppointment or speak to someone regarding my case. I am fine with that. But I went to DHS today and dropped off my paperwork and got my receipts and told them how frustrated I was and asked if anything else was going to pop up. They said they had no idea. My case file looked fine but this was coming from the federal level. Apparently they cannot do their jobs competently and are being audited and it's now falling back on the client to provide this information over and over. I am just sick to death of this. I told DHS I would be out of town for 2 weeks next month in the beginning of the month and if I received a letter regarding my benefits I needed ample time and not a threat to terminate my benefits and they told me they take it as it comes and that as long as I kept in touch it'd be ok but they're so full of it. One of the workers who knows me asked how I was doing and I told her not good, how stressed I was and what they had done with losing my dd's info and she goes all you need to tell me is you're fine. I don't care to hear about anything else. Just say you're fine. Well that wasn't the truth. I wasn't fine. Really irked me. I sure hope SSI isn't like this? I'm worried how fast they seem to be pushing my case through though. I just applied last month. Do they do that for denials the first time? Push them through really fast? I just sent back that huge packet of forms to fill out monday. It's now Friday. How could they have received it that fast?

Alexandersmama 03-09-2012 06:31 PM

[QUOTE=mscat40;4941793]If it is for the social serices department , I would call your worker and double check to make sure they have all the paperwork they need because you are going out of town and cannot afford to lose any of your assistance. If it is for social security go to the field office and make sure they are not going to need any more paperwork or docuementation from you because you will not be home for a week or so. Ususally social security will give you time to mal off any paperwork requested and give at least a months notice if they are wanting you to go to a Consultive exam. Other then that enjoy your time away and try not to worry .[/QUOTE]

Oh regarding social services...the other thing I wanted to add was you never know what else they are going to need. They HAD my ssi paperwork. They lost it. They HAD my dd's social security card and birth certificate. They lost it. They lose everything. I have no idea what else they may demand next or threaten to terminate my benefits because they need or else. It makes me sick to get the mail now.

MOnsterpete 03-09-2012 07:01 PM

Just make sure you remind them that you'll be on a 2 week vacation with all the kids so they don't try to rush you. That's so rude. Enjoy

mscat40 03-10-2012 03:41 PM

Generly it takes 2-5 months on a initial application to hear anything back from social security , they don't push anything up fast even if it is adeniel, it a a long slow process in their part. You should be fine , because of the waitint period.
When you are gone could you contact your worker and make sure everything is still ok? they did not screw up ? I am sure you do not want any surprises after you return home.
SSI is not as bad as trying to deal with social services, once they have your information it will go to Disability Determintaion Services and then they will use the medical release forms you signed to get your records from your DR. All of that takes time social security is more about waitingfor them to make adecision and send it in the mail. My experience with socialservices is that they are always giving me a new worker, always switching things around. After you are approved for your SSI things should get a lot easier for you. If your in a state that allows a indiviual tohave food stamps while on SSI that is pretty much what you will hwve to contend with at the social services department. Be sure to kee copies of everything or orginal papers and send them copies, they have a "habit" of losing vital information , so that is important for both ssi and social services. i have a ton o paperwork sent to me sitting on a kitchen chair, I have to file all of them, I have seen this pretty cool thing advertised it is a Office neat organizer , it files everything you have and organizes everthing , accept I checked the price and it is $500 very expensive for me. i calld the 1-800 number to see what is happeneing to my sons SSI and the woman was so dumb, she was totally in the dark, so it was a waste of time. I have to wait and find out through the mail, and that sucks.

Alexandersmama 03-10-2012 05:13 PM

yes they keep losing vital information and unfortunately I NEVER got the copies of the child support stuff I had signed so if they dare ask for that I don't have it. I can't even imagine, well I guess I can, what else they'd ask for. Yes I can contact my case worker while on vacation but honestly she doesn't know her you know what from a hole in the wall and I'm not sure she would even know if something went out. I'll have my dad coming to get my mail so I'll have him screening for stuff but it will still stress me.

Re ssi....I just realized today I left off a MAJOR therapist I saw for several years. Is it too late to add him? This is part of my problem now with my memory? My dad said he also got something in the mail asking him to call because they want to speak with him as well as with me(same person sent us virtually the same letter just different name). What are they going to ask him? My history is just so sketchy with drs and I'm afraid how bad it'll look because I've barely seen drs in the past few years. They'll say I really can work and am just dodging the system of whatever and I won't know what to do or say? I have gotten better to some extent? I'm not the same person I was 12 years ago. But that's because I have children now and they are my life. I can't bear to lose them so I can't act crazy. I constantly battle my depression and crap. I used to cut myself and bounce in and out of hospitals. I haven't done that since before I had kids. I would never do anything to lose my kids. Will they understand that? Will that work in my favor?

jgrangran 03-11-2012 12:21 PM

:angel:Hi, Alexandersmama, I would call them and tell them you need to add a DR. and then get the name of the person you gave the information to and the time and date. Did you say you had a lawyer helping you? I know this whole process is so draining and you have a good outlook as far as wanting to stay strong for your kids, I would just get ready for a fight and gather as much information and start making copies of everything you sent them and the date and time you send it to them. I would if you haven't already get a lawyer and just fill out everything quick and get it back to them after making copies, I know each case is different but on mine they kept sending me this one form and my lawers parlegal kept sayimng I don't need to fill it out but it turned out in the end that was what was holding it up so I would fill everything out even if they sent it twice. Hang in there just go thru the process and hope for the best. Sounds like you have a case so hopefully you will get an approval. Just please know we are here when you need to ask question are just vent.:angel:

jgrangran 03-11-2012 12:41 PM

:angel:Hi, Alexandersmama, I would call them and tell them you need to add a DR. and then get the name of the person you gave the information to and the time and date. Did you say you had a lawyer helping you? I know this whole process is so draining and you have a good outlook as far as wanting to stay strong for your kids, I would just get ready for a fight and gather as much information and start making copies of everything you sent them and the date and time you send it to them. I would if you haven't already get a lawyer and just fill out everything quick and get it back to them after making copies, I know each case is different but on mine they kept sending me this one form and my lawers parlegal kept sayimng I don't need to fill it out but it turned out in the end that was what was holding it up so I would fill everything out even if they sent it twice. Hang in there just go thru the process and hope for the best. Sounds like you have a case so hopefully you will get an approval. Just please know we are here when you need to ask question are just vent.:angel:

mscat40 03-11-2012 03:39 PM

You can go down to your nearest social security office and add the DR. to your claim, just have his name and address, plus phone number to the information, and they will have you sign a medical release form, be sure to keep copies of everything , that is important. I think they do call family members sometimes to gather more inforamtion regarding your claim. I would not worry about that too much. It is good that your dad will be getting your mail so you can stay informed while you are away on your vacation. They are not going to take away your childreb, that is from a totally different agency and their would have to be a couple of reports made before they would even investigate. Then they would have to prove you were a unfit parent which is bogus, too hard to prove . It has happened to me because someone made a faluse report someone was mad with me and tried to make it hell for me. Just because you need SSI does not mean you are not a great parent, many parents are on disability and take great care of their kids, that has nothingto do with it. As long as the chiuldren are well cared for they do not have a case or will they bother you about it.

youtoo1955 03-12-2012 07:00 AM

mscat40 is so correct Social Security is not going to try and take your children away from you that would be your state agency that you have already been dealing with for some time. I once even had a social security rep tell me they are not as much interested in the person as they are the illness. They do that to keep themselves from getting to attached to a case. Almost everyone gets denied at the initial stage which is what you are in. It has nothing to do with you as a person when this happens and everything to do with the way the system is geared to work. The few cases I have heard of that get approved first time are those where the outcome is based on IQ standards such as someone with down's syndrome or some other type of intellectual disability. Like a lawyer told my daughter who is now going through the process unless the denial would shock and outrage the moral sensibilities of society be prepared to take the long slough through the process. So do not take anything they do to personally and keep plowing ahead.