HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Health Insurance Issues (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/health-insurance-issues/)
-   -   Has anybody sent Certified letter to DDS? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/health-insurance-issues/892904-has-anybody-sent-certified-letter-dds.html)

jgrangran 03-12-2012 01:05 PM

Has anybody sent Certified letter to DDS?

Has anyone sent forms Certified to DDS and did it cause any problems?

MOnsterpete 03-12-2012 01:21 PM

Re: Has anybody sent Certified letter to DDS?

[QUOTE=jgrangran;4943382]Has anyone sent forms Certified to DDS and did it cause any problems?[/QUOTE]

I did for my recon and no problems at all for me.

jgrangran 03-12-2012 01:26 PM

Thanks it just seems like I read somewhere on this board where it made the process longer because someone else had to sign for it but maybe I wrong about it. Thanks so much for you reply:angel:

MOnsterpete 03-12-2012 01:32 PM

[QUOTE=jgrangran;4943397]Thanks it just seems like I read somewhere on this board where it made the process longer because someone else had to sign for it but maybe I wrong about it. Thanks so much for you reply:angel:[/QUOTE]

SCRATCH that. I sent it delivery confirmation and not certified. Sorry I just realized the difference. Oops sorry again.

jgrangran 03-12-2012 01:42 PM

Sorry MOnsterpete, I sure wish things would of turned out differently for you . I hope this time around its an approval.:angel:

stepmum54 03-13-2012 01:43 AM

[QUOTE=jgrangran;4943397]Thanks it just seems like I read somewhere on this board where it made the process longer because someone else had to sign for it but maybe I wrong about it. Thanks so much for you reply:angel:[/QUOTE]

Yeah that was ME. It depends where you send it. Mine was a CDR review, there are no humans there to sign for it. It is a processing center where they feed the CDR forms into there processing machine. They are also not DDS, they are contracted. So be careful, mine got lost in limbo for weeks and finally came back to me, caused big delay. Hope this helped:)

BlueSkies14 03-13-2012 07:27 AM

[QUOTE=jgrangran;4943382]Has anyone sent forms Certified to DDS and did it cause any problems?[/QUOTE]I recall SpineAz saying why it is not a good idea sending mail things to the SSA registered or certified because of the SSA using a third party I think or something like that for mail processing and there often is not anyone to sign for the confirmation which can really delay things. Sometimes, the letter will even bounce back to you if no one signs for it. Spine said it was always best just to send regular mail and keep a copy or copies and if things don't get delivered(lost for example), you can always just resend. I make electronic backup copies of everything so I can resend as many times as I need to. :)

jgrangran 03-13-2012 07:44 AM

Hey, Thanks Blueskies14, good to hear from you I was trying to help someone who was thinking about sending forms certified. After ssa lost the paperwork she did.

SpineAZ 03-15-2012 10:59 PM

Yep, SS as well as thousands of other entities (magazines, credit cards, insurance payments, hospital bills, cable bills, city taxes, etc) outsource things like receipt of mail and payments. So if you send it certified to SS, there are no SS employees there to sign for it. So it can end up in limbo because XYZ Co that does the processing is not in a position to sign for something as if they were SS.

Also, when paying a bill never include any other correspondence in the envelope with your payment. For example, if you are paying a doctor the $50 you owe him and you want a copy of your medical records, never include your request in the same envelope as your payment. Payments go to a processing center and not the doctor's office (often specialty centers "Lock Box" as it accepts and immediately secures checks and payment methods like Credit Card info you put on a bill). Your request for medical records, in a case like that, gets put in limbo or disappears.

AND never expect to be able to send something certified or overnight mail to what may be a third party mail processor. You are much better off sending it to the requester in the exact envelope received (or if too large for the envelope then copying that exact address onto a larger envelope) and ALWAYS KEEP copies for yourself (writing on your copy on the top "sent on 3/15/12".

Jacki345 03-16-2012 09:22 AM

If the company or in this case, the govt, needs something that bad, then they could provide a special address where the real employee (who can take the responsibility to sign to receive it) works. Nearly all companies use PO Boxes these days and nothing can be signed for with a PO Box either. I understand why she wanted to send it like she did - as I would be mad about them losing my records as well.

In my 32 years, I believe I had to have a customer do that twice. Extremely rare. The company I worked for really frowned on it - as they didn't want the street address out there, coz its gets spread and then customers start showing up at the door. Heck, I even had customers call my home at a couple of times. When that happened it always freaked me out. We had our own internal security and holy cow, you do not want our security on your butt.

:cool: